1st Shift (7am - 3pm)
About OPT Industries
The global ecosystem of manufacturing is experiencing fundamental change. Additive manufacturing is a key technology to shorten supply chains and create superior products in medical, cosmetic, textile, and packaging industries, as well as and many other domains.
OPT Industries (http://optindustries.com) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed MIT spinoff company that focuses on building the next generation of additive manufacturing technology. We design and manufacture custom textile materials and products - everything from medical devices to luxury fashion. As we continue to grow and expand our operation, we are looking for manufacturing assistants to join our production team.
Producing additive manufactured product and other tasks required within the manufacturing environment(s). Setup, operate, and execute preventative maintenance of manufacturing and assembly equipment necessary for production processes for additive manufacturing within a controlled environmental area. Follows manufacturing procedures, quality & EHS regulations, and additional company SOPs to ensure product specifications levels are met. Fill in manufacturing work orders and quality records to ensure proper documentation within design history record.
- Independently execute manufacturing or manufacturing-support processes according to standard operating procedures and current curriculum.
- Be accountable for maintaining a working knowledge of basic cGMP & ISO requirements to ensure adherence to compliance policies and regulations.
- Proactively apply 5S principles by maintaining a clean and safe work environment, take necessary action to eliminate safety hazards, and communicate to others any observed unsafe behaviors.
- Operate all manufacturing line equipment from printing, washing, curing, and inspection.
- Adhere to manufacturing schedule and complete manufacturing work orders in a timely manner.
- Verify and enter production parameters per SOP and Batch Records.
- Accurately complete documentation in SOP’s, logbooks and other GMP documents.
- Work independently and as a part of an additive manufacturing team.
- Offer suggestions and follow up on process improvements related to safety, compliance, cost, yield, and productivity.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines, including FDA, EPA, and OSHA.
- Adhere to the Safety Code of Conduct & EHS policies and attend all required EHS training.
- Attend departmental and other scheduled meetings.
- Practice good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate positive, collaborative approach in the day to day execution of procedures.
- Learn new skills, procedures and processes as assigned by management and continue to develop expertise.
- Responsible for audit preparation and participation.
- 1-3 years manufacturing equipment experience or equivalent industry experience is required.
- High School Diploma/GED with 2-3 years in cGMP manufacturing environment, or Associate degree with 0-2 years of experience in GMP manufacturing
- Proficiency in computerized systems
- Experience working in a controlled environment area GMP and ISO standards.
- Ability to handle delicate materials and do precision manual alignments.
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document work on printed documents and computer databases.
- Fluent in English.
OPT Industries provides the following benefits to all full-time employees:
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D Insurance, Tax Free Commuter Benefits, 401k, and more.
OPT Industries is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.