As a Research Director, you will help manage a team of smart analysts working to deliver top-notch research insights. A successful day in the role entails creative research design, disciplined project management, thoughtful data storytelling, and proactive client service.
Ideally, the Research Director candidate is in close proximity to our Los Angeles or Dallas locations, but this role is flexible and open as a remote position.
At Interpret, we consider ourselves fun scientists, and we’re searching for someone who holds a common love for the industries we work in, has a curiosity for consumer behavior, and wants to apply their analytic chops and methodological expertise to the game development and distribution process. A fun scientist is someone who thrives in a dynamic environment where your hobbies and personal passion for gaming, tech, and entertainment make work feel like, well, not work. Experience at a traditional research supplier, previous client service, and team management experience is necessary. Client-side experience at a video game publisher, developer, and/or technology firm a plus.
Interpret is a global media, entertainment, and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media, and advertising. While headquartered in Los Angeles, our team spans the globe. We have offices in Dallas, San Francisco, London, Munich, Shanghai, and Seoul, and a network of strong local partners around the world. We are specialists in global consumer insight, with the majority of our engagements involving multiple markets and languages. For more information, visit https://interpret.la/.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of development, demonstrating strong attention to detail while being conscious of all moving parts
- Manage all phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including study design, questionnaire, and discussion guide development, field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis, and report generation
- Ensure quality control processes are in place across survey programming logic, data tables, participant rescreening (qual), and reports
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, writing insightful data-backed stories
- Present actionable results to clients in an engaging and persuasive way
- Manage a team of analysts, ensuring their professional development and their delivery of quality insights to our clients
- Communicate with other senior researchers and strategize creative solutions to difficult problems
- Work with external clients on a daily basis, providing excellent service and ensuring client satisfaction
- Managerial-minded; enjoy developing and growing a team
- Creative and Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
- Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in managing multiple research projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Client service-minded; enjoy helping clients solve problems
- Communicative; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented; able to fully proof questionnaires, survey programming logic, data tables, and reports
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; SPSS a plus
- 8+ years of experience in insights or market research
- Proven ability to manage a team, manage clients, and manage the survey and qualitative research lifecycle, including:
- Writing questionnaires/discussion guides
- Overseeing fieldwork
- Analyzing results
- Presenting findings to clients and senior management
Compensation + Benefits
Competitive salary + performance bonus, health/dental/vision, 401(k), generous paid time off, physical & mental wellness program, paid parental/family leave, entertainment/video game allowance, and continuing education scholarship program
Team Manager, Insights Analyst, Project Manager, Client Service