We are currently looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our growing team. This role is flexible and available as a remote position.
As a Senior Research Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to utilize your experience with primary research to think critically, tell a story using data, provide top-notch client service, and work with a team of equally passionate entertainment/tech/and game enthusiasts.
At Interpret, we consider ourselves fun scientists with a purpose and we’re searching for someone who holds a common love for the industries we work in, has a curiosity for consumer behavior, and wants to apply their analytic chops and methodological expertise to the game development and distribution process. A fun scientist is someone who thrives in a dynamic environment where your hobbies and personal passion for gaming, tech, and entertainment make work feel like, well, not work. Experience at a traditional research supplier and involvement in the full research project lifecycle is necessary. Client-side experience at a video game publisher, developer, and/or technology firm a plus.
Interpret is a global media, entertainment, and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media, and advertising. While headquartered in Los Angeles, our team spans the globe. We have offices in Dallas, San Francisco, London, Munich, Shanghai, and Seoul, and a network of strong local partners around the world. We are specialists in global consumer insight, with the majority of our engagements involving multiple markets and languages. For more information, visit https://interpret.la/.
· Manage multiple projects in various stages of development, demonstrating strong attention to detail while still being conscious of all moving parts
· Manage all phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including study design, questionnaire, and discussion guide development, field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis, and report generation
· Collaborate and effectively communicate with other analysts and project managers
· Ensure quality control processes are in place across survey programming logic, data tables, participant rescreening (qual), and reports
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, writing insightful data-backed “stories” and present results to clients in an engaging and persuasive way
· Work with external clients on a daily basis, providing excellent service and ensuring client satisfaction
· Creative and Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
· Collaborative and Team-oriented; enjoy growing with other team members
· Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in managing multiple research projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
· Client service-minded; enjoy helping clients solve problems
· Communicative; excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
· Detail-oriented; able to fully proof questionnaires, survey programming logic, data tables, and reports
· Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; SPSS a plus
· 3-5 years of experience in insights or market research
· Proven ability to manage clients and the quantitative and qualitative research lifecycle including:
· Writing questionnaires/discussion guides
· Managing fieldwork
· Analyzing results
· Presenting findings to senior management
· Similar experience in the video game industry is ideal but not required
Compensation + Benefits
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $80,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. In addition to the base salary, total compensation also includes tiered performance bonus, health/dental/vision, 401(k), generous paid time off, physical & mental wellness program, paid parental/family leave, entertainment/video game allowance, and continuing education scholarship program.
Insights Analyst, Project Manager, Client Service