Interpret is a global media, entertainment, and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media, and advertising platforms. While headquartered in Los Angeles, our team spans the globe. We have offices in San Francisco, Dallas, Seattle, London, Munich, Shanghai, and Seoul, and a network of strong local partners around the world. We are specialists in global consumer insight, with many of our engagements involving multiple markets and languages. For more information, visit https://interpret.la/.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our in-house design team. Designers at Interpret are hyper focused on creating high-quality deliverables such as presentation decks, branded marketing materials, infographics, and website content. Designers at Interpret collaborate with our research team to execute customized deliverables for a diverse array of high-profile clients. Your primary responsibilities include leading the design of custom research reports and other data visualization deliverables from kickoff to client delivery and designing marketing materials for our portfolio of Syndicated Products (Animeasure, New Media Measure, Smart Home Matrix, etc.). This is a career role that will allow you to put your well-rounded data visualization and graphic design skills to the test at a leading consumer market research and consulting firm with an emphasis in the gaming, technology, and entertainment industries.
At Interpret, we consider ourselves fun scientists with a purpose and we’re searching for someone who holds a common love for the industries we work in, has a curious appetite for designing presentation deliverables that help our clients understand consumers, and is ambitious in their career growth. A fun scientist is someone who thrives in a dynamic environment where your hobbies and personal passion for design, gaming, tech, and entertainment make work feel like a dream come true. Prior coursework and experience in Graphic Design is necessary. Interpret will provide necessary training in data visualization and information design skills for the Market Research industry. Prior experience in presentation, editorial/layout design, illustration, and animation are a plus.
- Implement design to various phases of a research project to increase information comprehension and powerful storytelling
- Work closely with research analysts to design custom Quantitative and Qualitative research report decks
- Guide the Interpret brand look and feel through every client touch point (custom reports, video reports, industry white papers, sales collateral, Interpret website, social media and marketing)
- Oversee and review company-wide usage of design assets, update as needed and ensure consistency
- Design presentation templates for multiple gaming, tech, and entertainment clients and lead report polishes, working primarily in Microsoft PowerPoint while using Adobe CC product expertise for custom illustrations and graphics
- Work with Research Exec Director to improve design processes and data visualization capabilities throughout the company
- Train the team of junior designers on design processes, data visualization, and collaborations with research team
- B.A. of B.F.A in Design, Visual Communication, or similar field
- 3+ years of professional design experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Proficient in Illustrator Photoshop, and InDesign (AfterEffects a plus)
- Proficient in image editing
- Visual thinker and storyteller with the ability to produce well-crafted visualizations from raw data
- Team player and self-starter with minimal need for supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills while handling multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional teams of senior project managers, research analysts, and designers
- Experience working with dashboards a plus (Tableau, Dapresy, Harmoni, Power BI, Crunch.io, etc.)
- Experience creating infographics, illustrations, and motion graphics a plus
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
Competitive salary + performance bonus, health/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a generous amount of paid time off each year, physical & mental wellness reimbursement program, entertainment/video game allowance, and continuing education scholarship program
Presentation Design, Information Design, Data Visualization, Branding, Visual Design