Role location: Remote
Market Research Intern
About the Role:
We’re looking for an Intern to join our growing team and participate in exciting projects with a variety of clients! This is a great opportunity to gain a well-rounded experience with a leading consumer market research and consulting firm focused on the intersection of traditional and new media both domestically and internationally. This is an internship position and Interpret will provide all necessary training. However, prior experience or coursework in market research and media/entertainment is a plus. This role is a 3-month internship that can be fully remote and is perfect for anyone looking for a flexible work environment.
This role requires the ability to think critically, tell a story using data, provide top-notch client service, and work with a team of equally passionate technology and media enthusiasts. The ideal candidate is currently pursuing a social science research degree with a personal passion for market research, digital media, gaming, and technology.
About the company:
Interpret is a global media, entertainment and technology insights agency. We work with the biggest brands in entertainment and technology, across video games, movies and television, consumer electronics, social media and advertising platforms. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Seattle, Dallas, San Francisco, London, Shanghai and Seoul, you will be working on behalf of industry-leading clients to help them make smart, data-driven business decisions across the digital media, gaming, and consumer electronic product lifecycle. You will be responsible for helping ensure quality, client-ready deliverables, working with a team of smart, passionate analysts.
- Provide support with custom market research projects for video game, mobile, home entertainment, theatrical, and media & advertising clients (domestic and international attitude and usage studies, forecasting, market trend analysis, advertising effectiveness studies, etc.)
- Assist in all phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including vendor management, study design, questionnaire and discussion guide development, field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis and report generation
- Adhere to quality control processes at each stage of the research process across survey programming logic, data tables, participant rescreening (qual), and reports
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, helping write cogent data-backed “stories”
Key Skills Needed:
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Genuine interest in market research and gaming/media
- Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
- Team-oriented; enjoy growing with other team members
- Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in working on multiple research projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision (takes initiative and looks for process efficiencies whenever possible)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly-collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Relevant degrees, such as business administration, market research, sociology, psychology, or anthropology a plus
- Academic research projects, Capstone, Thesis, Research Practice
Hourly rate based on experience.
Insights Analyst, Project Support