Cybersecurity Engineer Mid-Level
Quantico, VA / Dahlgren, VA
Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
POSITION: Cybersecurity Engineer Mid-Level
LOCATION: Quantico, VA / Dahlgren, VA
STATUS: Funded, Immediate Hire
CLEARANCE: Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
Cask is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer Mid-Level to support Ground Based Air Defense (PM GBAD) Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC). The preferred candidate must have the ability manage tasks with little to no supervision and have a complete understanding of the system engineering tasks for the Marine Corps RMF process according to the ECSM 018.
The Cybersecurity Engineer will support all PM GBAD systems that require or currently have system authorizations that require maintenance (Continuous Monitoring, Annual Security Reviews, Security Control Reviews). Each system varies in size and scope but most share similar components which are subject to system authorization.
PM GBAD Systems:
· MADIS Future Weapon System
· Advanced-Man Portable Air Defense System
· Medium Range Intercept Capability
· Compact Laser Weapon System
· MADIS Counter Unmanned Aircraft System
· MADIS Desktop Trainer
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will:
· Conduct system security engineering and Risk Management Framework (RMF) security authorizations actions developing assessment and authorization (A&A) body of evidence (BOE) documentation, coordinating, and collaborating cybersecurity evaluation actions.
· Carry out system authorization actions to include system categorization, security control implementation and assessment, validation coordination and collaboration.
· Provide system owner system security status and project progress reports.
· Author, review, and submit cybersecurity documentation for information system authorizations, encryption evaluation, and cybersecurity best practices white papers.
· Utilize MS office products to develop documentation and web-based cybersecurity and system authorization collaboration applications (MCCAST) to store documents, evaluate system controls and collaborate with security authorization personnel within and outside of the organization.
· Provide consultation to government customer regarding system encryption capabilities and requirements, RMF policies and regulations, continuous monitoring, and system authorization projects.
· Conduct self-assessments using Vulnerability Assessment Tools (SCC, Nessus, DISA STIG Checklists) to develop reports and evaluate system security posture.
· Develop, update, and track system authorization activities for security authorization projects using Microsoft Project.
· Conduct risk assessments and risk scoring using Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS). Developed test reports listing the actions taken to test systems and cybersecurity test results.
· Develop and implement continuous monitoring programs used to conduct annual security reviews, self-assessments, security controls review, and system security posture reporting.
· Review, interpret, and implement policy for GBAD systems.
· Develop and manage system authorization project management sheets and tasks. Map required tasks to accomplish system authorization. Track task completion and update project sheet accordingly.
Required Skills / Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering and securing DoD system
· Minimum DoD IAT Level II certification required (i.e. CompTIA Security+)
· In depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and DoD cybersecurity policies
· In depth understanding and experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), and the implementation of cybersecurity boundary defense techniques
· Strong ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
Required Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret Clearance
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.