Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
STATUS: Contingent on award
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
Cask Government Services is seeking a skilled and experienced Network Engineer at the Journeyman Level to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive support in the design, installation, testing, and sustainment of network assets and associated equipment.
As a Network Engineer, you will:
- Conduct and assist Government personnel with the installation, testing, and sustainment of all network assets.
- Identify system problems due to system component connections and notify appropriate offices.
- Conduct bi-weekly tests and document components for communications architectures.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for the network systems.
- Assist Government personnel with installation design and the installation of new cabling, equipment, and associated hardware and software to extend and enhance network systems.
- Support the Microsoft Systems Update Server (SUS) and Systems Management Server (SMS).
- Assist Government personnel in the administration of the network storage arrays and Email Archiving System.
- Assist Government personnel with the administration of the Command Storage Area Network Fiber Channel Routers and switches.
- Operate and maintain network management systems, including primary and limited functional backup network operations centers.
- Maintain in-band/out-of-band network management systems.
Required Skills / Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field is preferred.
- Journeyman-level experience in network engineering, including at least six years of work experience in the specific task.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, architectures, and technologies.
- Relevant experience in Storage Area Networking, to include FC, FCOE.
- Relevant experience in Network Attached Storage, to include CIFS, NFS, ISCSI.
- Relevant experience with Microsoft Systems Update Server (SUS) and Systems Management Server (SMS).
- Certification requirements IAT Level II as set forth in DODD 8140.
- Juniper or CISCO certified network professional, or Extreme Networks Professional certification.
- Required Security Clearance: Active Secret
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.