Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
POSITION: Jr. Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
Cask is seeking a Junior level Systems Administrator to actively support the existing infrastructure Team and other Stakeholders in the design, installation, testing and sustainment of systems and associated hardware/software, in order to meet current and future needs and capabilities.
As a Systems Administrator, you will:
· Support the installation, testing and sustainment of systems and associated hardware/software.
· Provide software and systems support in analyzing, troubleshooting, testing and recommendations related to systems environment.
· Support system updates and patch management via Microsoft Systems Update Server (SUS) and Systems Management Server (SMS)
· Conduct patching and maintaining all appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
· Support the administration of Storage Arrays and Storage area networks, to include Fibre Channel and Network Attached Storage.
· Operate and maintain network management systems to include primary and secondary network operations centers.
· Operate and maintain email archiving capabilities.
· Maintain configuration baseline of end user devices to include but not limited to: Workstations, Laptops, Printers, Phones, VTC and Audio Visual Equipment.
· Establish and provide continuous support of user accounts, laptops, cell phones, and VPN access
· Assist end users with troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
· Research, recommend, and implement best practices for associated systems and applications.
· Apply Cybersecurity policies as directed.
· Support the design and development of security control requirements.
· Assess the impacts and timeline for applying Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Operational Directives (OPDIRs), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and other externally imposed guidance or requirements as required.
· Develop reports and conduct briefs documenting analysis process, outcomes, metrics, and recommendations.
· Develop and maintain standard operating procedures as required.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies
Required Skills / Preferred Qualifications:
· Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in System Administration.
· Demonstrated experience in IT support field required with an emphasis on MS Windows system and server administration.
· Demonstrated experience in correcting physical and technical problems that impact system/server performance.
· Demonstrated experience in monitoring and optimizing system/server performance.
· Demonstrated experience in recovering failed systems/servers. (e.g., recovery software, failover clusters, replication, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience in operating system administration. (e.g., account maintenance, data backups, maintain system performance, install and configure new hardware/software).
· Demonstrated experience in virtualization technologies and virtual machine development and maintenance.
· Demonstrated experience in supporting both IP and Fibre Channel attached storage and networks.
· Knowledge of organizational information technology (IT) user security policies (e.g., account creation, password rules, access control).
· Knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
· Knowledge of principles and methods for integrating system components
· Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
· Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
· Knowledge of performance tuning tools and techniques.
· Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
· Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
· Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
· Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
Education, Certification, and Licensing Requirements:
· Associate Degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (5 years of IT experience can substitute for a degree)
· Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification required. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification preferred.
· Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification (Sec+, CCNA, CySA)
· Clearance: Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility clearance.
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.