Level II Financial Analyst
Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
POSITION: Level II Financial Analyst
LOCATION: Remote/Washington Navy Yard
STATUS: Fully funded
CLEARANCE: Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
The ideal candidate will apply core technical expertise and skills to implement business solutions and projects and/or may direct small teams. The candidate should also have experience supporting audit response, audit remediation, internal controls, financial processes, and/or accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS), and/or relevant OMB policies for State or Federal Government agencies or large, complex companies (greater than 1,000) employees. We value entrepreneurial spirits that maintain a team attitude. A Secret Clearance is required for this position.
As a Level II Financial Analyst, you will:
• Support the development and implementation of DON FM Systems (GL and feeder systems) consolidation efforts focused on simplifying and consolidating the DON's financial management environment to increase auditability, reduce operating costs and minimize cyber vulnerabilities.
• Support the development, implementation, and ongoing performance and monitoring of the consolidation and shutdown of legacy systems, while migrating activities in the Department of Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (DON ERP) System.
• Support expansion of the DON ERP functionality and strengthening of systemic controls, and the implementation of other new technology to improve business processes.
• Assist where necessary in facilitation of system change control and support standardized business processes to reduce/eliminate system customizations, and provide continuous support to the financial management (FM) section’s development of financial-specific documentation and briefs and submit for approval by the Government, including, but not limited to Funding Action Requests, Tri Annual Reviews, Dormant Account Review Quarterly Staffer Briefs, Service Requirements Review Board Database Request, Program Execution Plan, Command Planning and Resource Allocations
• Support the establishment of financial data strategy and governance, and support initiatives to enhance financial analyses and data quality through standard tools, processes, and data driven corrective action plans, improve data integration with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) using Advana or other systems/software/platforms, and launch digital budget tools and use of analytics to enable fact-based business and resource decisions.
• Support the collection, validation, transformation, analysis, and reporting of the DON Financial Data to include full identification of the Universe of Transactions (UOT) and reconcile to the financial statements.
• Provide logistical support, technical drafting, and technical input for the development of spend plans, Program Execution Plans (PEP), Obligation Phasing Plans (OPP), budget spreadsheets, and financial planning documentation
• Assist the Navy in achieving auditability of the Navy General Fund (GF), and DON Working Capital Fund (WCF) by proposing realistic and sustainable solutions and assisting with the development and implementation of corrective action plans (CAPs) to remediate known and emergent deficiencies within the Navy's business environment.
Required Skills / Qualifications
• Three (3) years of progressive, relevant experience
• Four (4) year degree in accounting or business management related field from an accredited institution.
• At a minimum, must have one of the following professional certifications: CPA, CISA, CIA, CGFM or CDFM.
• Must be able to perform all functional duties independently
Required Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret Clearance
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.