Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
POSITION: Mid-Level Full-Stack Java Developer
LOCATION: Remote / Ft. Meade, MD
STATUS: Fully funded / Immediate Fill
CLEARANCE: DoD Secret Clearance
The ideal candidate is an Intermediate Full-Stack Java Developer with Spring Boot and React experience. You will work as a part of an Agile team performing DevSecOps. This project represents a multiyear effort for IT Modernization and Transformation requiring tested, secure, and hardened software solutions. We value entrepreneurial spirits that maintain a team attitude. Viable candidates should have a DoD Secret Clearance or be able to obtain a clearance.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Expert full-stack Java Spring Boot developer in support of React (preferred) based UI applications.
• Responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for microservice API development using Java Spring Boot in support of a React front end web application.
• Working knowledge of RDMS databases like Postgres and NO SQL databases like Redis
• Solid experience with automated unit testing and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber)
• Work collaboratively as a full stack developer on Agile Scrum teams and have the ability to complete user stories and develop usable code independently with minimal oversight and guidance.
• Assist development/test teams in activities in support of acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
• Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
• Adhere to, promote, and maintain development standards and best practices, and participate in regular code reviews
• Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to convey issues and ideas clearly and effectively to team members, management, and customers.
• Interface with customer and external teams to explain application functionality and behavior
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders and demo functionality on sprint-by-sprint basis
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus five (5) years of related experience
• Experience developing in a microservice based architecture
• Experience working with Agile tools such as Jira / Confluence, etc.
• 3+ years of Agile experience utilizing DevSecOps & CI/CD pipelines
• Must be able to obtain Final Secret DoD clearance
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience developing React web applications
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Apache Camel
• Familiarity with solving software security vulnerabilities
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.