Operations Security (OPSEC) Planner (TS/SCI), USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Omaha, NE
The mission of the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) is to deter strategic attack and employ forces, as directed, to guarantee the security of our Nation and our Allies. One option for the Combatant Commander to achieve this mission is to execute operations in the Information environment. The early integration of information related capabilities (IRC) in all phases of the operation, but especially during shaping and deterring, can have a significant impact on later phases. USSTRATCOM J39 is responsible for the integration of IRCs to create lethal and non-lethal effects to achieve the command objectives.
SRG is seeking an experienced Operations Security (OPSEC) Planner to provide Advisory and Assistance Services to accomplish Information Operations support. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning support to USSTRATCOM for deliberate, crisis action, and exercise planning in support of OPSEC initiatives.
- Participate, as assigned, in regular planning working group sessions to ensure OPSEC considerations are incorporated throughout plans.
- Review existing or assist with the drafting of HQ OPSEC planning documents.
- Provide OPSEC expertise and planning support to USSTRATCOM directorates, components, and supported combatant commands.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and technology related events and experiments.
- Develop, maintain, and archive security related documents, doctrine, andfied information within compartments.
- Provide technical expertise, support, and management on the implementation of OPSEC related programs, projects, and capabilities.
- Provide support to OPSEC assessments.
- Possess active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with USSTRATCOM organization is desired.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with relevant internal and external organizations to foster open lines of communications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience planning OPSEC.
- Must have current knowledge of DoD operations security authorities, directives, policies, guidelines, procedures, standards, controls, and practice.
- Experience and/or training in related specialties such as Signature Management or Military Deception is desirable.
- Must have one of the following courses:
o Defense OPSEC Planners Course (DOPC)
o Joint Information Operations Planner’s Course or service level equivalent.
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.