Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
DESCRIPTION: Visual Information and Communication Specialist -Comprehensive understanding of concepts, principles, practices, methods, strategies, tools, and tactics used in marketing, brand development, and sustainment, PR, PA, strategic communications, event and project management. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher), Adobe InDesign, and any other commercial-grade graphic design software necessary to complete all tasks and deliverables at industry (i.e.: commercial-grade) visual (i.e.: graphic design) professional standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing, translating often ambiguous ideas into well-articulated, coherent, and easily understood messages for various internal (i.e.: corporate) and external (i.e.: public, media) stakeholders and audiences.
• Ability to create relevant and on-trend, industry-grade graphic collateral such as logo marks, infographics, brochures (pamphlets, tri-folds, open-gate quads), newsletters, briefing books, and MS PowerPoint slide presentations.
• Ability to interpret technical, C4/Cyber-specific ideas, concepts, methods, and means into broad themes linked to the NDS, NMS, and other authoritative Government documents and sources, creating fact-based, well-researched, persuasive and high-impact visual, graphic design collateral for various stakeholders and audiences.
• Pays acute attention to detail when designing and producing drafts and final copies of deliverables.
• Ability to identify and propose solutions to internal communication- and external communication-related challenges and for which previous studies and established techniques are frequently inadequate.
• Ability to maintain situational awareness of C4/Cyber issues, and work collaboratively with J6 AOs to create, iterate and update deliverables, from inception to acceptance and approval by the DJ6, VDJ6, and/or SIG Chief.
• Ability to work across the Joint Staff directorates, other DoD offices, and other Government agencies and departments when required, in a highly professional manner.
• Experience in visual storytelling with an ability to turn ideas into words and images that accurately reflect their intended meaning.
• Experience in editorial graphic design and agency branding, having created visual guidebooks, branding guides, creating and/or customizing off-the-shelf graphics, logo marks, infographics, and other graphic design collateral including pamphlets, tri-folds, newsletters. (Prior experience need not be with DoD or for Government clients but be commensurate with the latest trends and in visual/graphic design.)
• Proficient in competencies related to visual organization, working with visual elements, color theory, and its applications. Experience in solving visual communication problems or challenges using iterative prototyping, and developed in the context of varying audiences, either internal to the organization or external (i.e.: the media and the public).
• Comprehensive knowledge of technologies and equipment associated with graphic design.
• Experience in communicating design ideas to the client, receiving guidance for changes, and working collaboratively through an iterative process to the final product.
• Experience creating visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate through the preparation of a wide variety of means.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in organizing and delivering briefings.
• Experience in virtual and/or in-person event planning.
• Experience creating fact-based and situationally informed narratives, themes, and messages, resulting from research analysis, to educate, inform and persuade internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
• Experience discerning from complex, often ambiguous, information the compelling and persuasive narratives that help ‘tell the story" of a company, agency, department, or other organization that is establishing, growing, and/or sustaining its brand.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Produces high-quality work and solves professional problems within a time-constrained environment.
• Knowledge and/or experience in C2, communications, computers, and cyber is preferred but not required.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree in Creative Communication, Graphic Design, Art Direction, Marketing, Public Relations, or another discipline that is indicative of educational accomplishments within the stated qualifications and ensures the candidate meets all professional qualifications stated here.
- Previous experience on the Joint Staff or in a U.S. military joint environment is preferred but not required
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Cask is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.