POSITION: Cyber Security Engineer
LOCATION: Fredericksburg / Dahlgren VA
STATUS: Funded, Actively Interviewing
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance Required
Please go to our website to apply: https://www.caskgov.com/careers/openings/
The ideal candidate will have experience in analyzing and securing DoD or Information Technology systems for compliance with specifications, requirements and policies. We are looking for someone who seeks learning through immersion, collaboration and action. We value entrepreneurial spirits that maintain a team attitude. A Secret Clearance is required for this position.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will:
• Author DoD IA Assessment and Authorization artifacts for virtualized systems
• Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio and other appropriate tools
• Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for a virtual environment
• Research and recommend logical and physical solutions for a virtual environment that prevent, detect and correct the system to be assessed and authorized
• Apply and analyze DISA STIGs and NSA recommendations
• Identify disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and recommend approaches to bring a virtualized system into compliance
• Author and revise system requirements and specifications for a virtual environment to meet DoD security policies
• Perform vulnerability tests as Red Team and Blue Team with approved tools, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), NESSUS, Security Center and other similar and appropriate IA and security tools
• Plan, execute and document risk assessments against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits
• Identify and perform security analysis of connectivity relationships between the subject US Naval warfare system and the equipment to which it interfaces, both physically and virtually
• Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems
• Define an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan and System Security Administrator and Operators Manual
• Assist in preparations for obtaining Authority to Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval warfare system is issued an Interim Authority to Operate (IATO)
• Provide technical support in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments
Required Skills / Qualifications
• Five (5) years of experience working with Navy combat systems such as AEGIS, Ship Self Defense System, Cooperative Engagement Capability, Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar, or other combat systems
• Security+ CE (IAT Level II or Level III or IAM Level II per DoD 8570.01)
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
• Desired: Fully Qualified Navy Validator or USMC Validator.
Required Security Clearance: Active Secret
Cask is a woman-owned small business and is certified by the State of California as a Micro Business and by the SBA as an Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Cask was founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost effective ways. Cask delivers business and technology advisory and consulting services to help our customers achieve success.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.