Cask is a leading Management Consulting firm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clients across commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees at Cask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5 of the past 6 years.
POSITION: Cloud System Administrator
LOCATION: Dahlgren, VA
CLEARANCE: SSBI Secret Clearance / Ability to upgrade Top Secret
Working in a mixed Windows and Unix software environment. The responsibility of the individual is to manage the instances of the cloud infrastructure services. Could include: assisting the Senior Cloud Administrator with installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including virtual, cloud, as well as web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
• Choosing cloud providers and cloud technologies
• Configuring and supporting cloud systems
• Setting up private clouds
• Monitoring patches, permissions, and service deployments
• Creating policies for cloud computing systems
• Monitoring network performance and cloud resources
• Establishing connections among cloud networks
• Integrating cloud systems into current environments
• Managing firewalls and overseeing network security
• Managing requests for cloud services modifications
• Analyzing cloud deployment data
• Evaluating and implementing new technologies
• Setting cloud system security strategies, policies, and procedures
• Researching cloud providers, platforms, software, and other cloud solutions
• Documenting systems infrastructure
• Resolving operational and security issues
Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
• Design, build, develop, and test computer hardware and engineering techniques.
• Design, configure, and deploy application to IL4 and higher cloud infrastructure (e.g., Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services Gov Cloud) such as those provisioned under the C2S/SC2S contracts.
• Design, configure, deploy, and sustain Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline and containerization technologies such as RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker.
• Windows, Linux, and virtualized environment.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- SSBI Secret Clearance with ability to upgrade to TS
- DoD 8140 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I certification or higher.
- Exposure to Cloud / Virtual Computing environments (AWS, MASH, C2S, OpenStack, Azure, KVM and VMware)
- Configuration Management tools: Git, Maven, Jira
- Provisioning tools: Ansible, Puppet
- Container experience: Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Continuous Monitoring: ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), filebeats, Grafana, and rsyslog, Nagios, Splunk, Wireshark
- Apache NiFi
Cask is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.