Cask is a leading Management Consulting firm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clients across commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees at Cask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5 of the past 6 years.
POSITION: Program Manager
LOCATION: Dahlgren, VA
CLEARANCE: SSBI Secret Clearance / Ability to upgrade Top Secret
Program Manager for multiple cross-functional, potentially multi-vendor consulting projects as part of a top IT Management Consulting firm. Projects goals could be focused around people, process, or tools concerning IT Service Management (ITIL), HR Information Systems, Customer Service Management, IT Security Operations, IT Governance Risk and Compliance, Facilities, Project and Portfolio Management, IT Financial Management, Organizational Change Management, and / or IT Operations Management Oriented topics.
● Initiation- The Cask Program Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are properly transitioned from Sales to the Delivery Team, and that those transitions follow Cask guidelines.
● Project Plans- Must work with project resources to create and maintain project plans for various types of engagements.
● Client relationship management- Act as the direct link between the Client and Cask during the delivery of a project. Project Managers are expected to communicate in a timely fashion, using the appropriate medium in a professional manner.
● Scope control- The Project Manager is expected to be well versed in the scope of each engagement, use sound judgment to allow for slight deviations, and follow the Change Order process when necessary.
● Resource management- Responsible for resource scheduling, burned hours management & reporting, and performance management of all resources assigned to the engagement. This includes working with other PMs to ensure proper scheduling of resources, as well as ensuring that deliverables meet Cask quality standards and that resources stay within allocated blocks of hours.
● Financial management- Partner with Accounting to ensure invoices are sent out correctly and on time, reporting on profitability and adhering to financial requirements of the client
● Reporting: Weekly project status reporting to various internal and external stakeholders, on the topics of: Schedule, Scope, Budget, Risks, Issues, and Action Items
● Vendor management
• Four (4) years relevant specialized work experience in managing major cyber situational awareness and/or software engineering programs that follow Agile process with product(s) that are deployed to a production environment.
• Experience using earned value (EVM) metrics, complying with government reporting requirements, and implementing cost control over complex projects.
• Experience in managing subcontractors (if subcontracting is proposed).
• Experience in managing Agile software development efforts.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• SSBI Secret Clearance with ability to upgrade to TS
• JPAS IT-Level 2.
• Bachelor’s degree, or additional 5 years’ direct experience
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.