Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support specific studies including locating relevant encounters from various DoD and VA medical sources and perform data abstraction of identified cohorts.
Education and Experience:
· Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; OR three to four years related experience and/or training; OR an equivalent combination of training and clinical experience.
· Experience with the DoD and VA Vision Center of Excellence (VCE) is highly preferred.
· Clinical or research experience in the field of medical data abstraction is required.
· Experience with medical records, data abstraction, chart audit or coding is required.
· Experience with optometric and/or ophthalmological records and the data is highly preferred.
· Data entry/computer experience and strong typing skills required.
· Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form.
· Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills mandatory.
· Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not always function optimally.
· Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer. Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
· Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.
· Ability to cope with incomplete medical record data and use problem-solving techniques to find required information.
· Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk, see, and hear for extended periods of time.
Cask Government Services is a small, Woman-Owned Business and has been recognized by its employees as one of Consulting’s Best Small Firms to Work for in 2018.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status a qualified individual with a disability.