Sharing a common love of anime and Japanese culture!
SPJA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to celebrating and uplifting the unique and deep culture that surrounds Japanese animation. Our roots originated from Cal Animage Alpha, an anime club at UC Berkeley, which co-sponsored the first Anime Expo in 1992, along with its predecessor Anime Con in 1991.
Since then, SPJA has grown exponentially in its endeavors, with Anime Expo becoming the largest anime convention in North America, as well as establishing B2B conference Project Anime, and partnering with World Cosplay Summit to organize its US preliminary. With each unique event we produce, our purpose never strays – we aim to promote, celebrate, and educate the public about Japanese animation, manga, video games, and traditional culture.
What we are looking for: Administrative Coordinator
Purpose of this role: This position partners with, and provides critical support to senior management in order to keep the office and records management organized.
Education/Experience: Experience providing support to senior level management is a plus.
Essential Functions: The major areas of responsibility include:
- Organization: Arranging archived and current documents as requested.
- Archiving: Clearly labeling and organizing files from previous and current years.
- Records Management: Updating electronic record of archives for reference.
- Records Retrieval: Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Expense Reporting: Gathering and documenting receipts from Directors and CEO to submit to Finance.
- Contact Management: Maintaining list of key business contacts and cards collected by various employees ensuring updated mailing list and organization is in place as well as light relationship management for general SPJA communications. This includes distribution of information to vendors, research, interfacing with prospective vendors, and other reasonable administrative support.
- Office support: Printing, copying, scanning and filing materials as requested by authorized persons.
- Travel Coordination: Manage Director and C-Level schedules, including travel arrangements and any scheduling communication.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with staff, attendees, and vendors in a professional and confidential manner.
- Calendar Management: Ability to prioritize and communicate scheduling conflicts with director level employees and above.
- Warehouse Support: Arrange warehouse and storage unit visits with the different groups and managing communication for pallet pulls with the warehouse. Assist with inventory duties.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism with staff, vendors, and business partners.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment as well as adapt to changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure.
- Must work amicably with a variety of personalities.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the organization with a high level of personal ethics and integrity.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to see overall big picture while looking at individual processes.
- High level of dependability without supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications and platforms.
- Finance/budgeting/month-end experience a plus.
- Prior experience running or coordinating events a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- This position requires the individual to physically be in the office every day.
- The duties of this position are normally performed indoors in a business/office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to lift and handle packages up to 30 lbs. in weight.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Hybrid Schedule
- 12 Holidays
- Sick time off
- Paid time off