Company Conformance Statements
All Goodridge, USA employees are required to conform to the following:
- Perform top quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments in a timely and professional manner.
The accounts receivable employee is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of customer invoicing and collection of all receivables, while maintaining a strong relationship with internal and external customers. Maintains accurate records and auditing methods and procedures of the accounts receivable function to improve efficiency and accuracy. Responsible for monitoring the accuracy and timeliness of AR cash activity and ensuring these functions are performed with the highest level of customer service.
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Invoice customers – review for accuracy and match to customers PO for quantity and pricing.
- Experience in managing customer portal invoice automation – for example Coupa, Ariba.
- Mail and email new invoices, credits and monthly statements to customers
- Post all payments from customers made via check, bank ACH or credit cards to the system.
- Research any short payments or overpayments made by the customer and clear the amounts form the system by working closely with the customer’s salesman and returns department.
- Make collection calls on past due accounts via phone and/or email and enter comments into the system for tracking purposes
- Process daily bank report for cash flow purposes
- Charge invoices for customers who pay by credit card prior to releasing shipment.
- Process all new credit applications by sending credit references and running an Experian report on potential customer. Perform maintenance on customers’ accounts as needed.
- Place customer accounts on hold for past due invoices and stay in close contact with customer regarding payment to release the hold.
- Manage the suspended orders list in the system and take appropriate action when necessary
- Take actions when necessary to send customers for collections when all efforts have been exhausted and keep in close contact with the collection agency for status on account.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- Travel required for training.
Qualifications (Education | Certification | Experience)
- Five years minimum previous accounts receivable experience.
- Associate degree in accounting/business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able to successfully multi-task and deal with multiple deadlines and priorities and prioritize accordingly in a fast paced environment
- Attention to accuracy and details, highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient MS Excel, and previous AS400 experience preferred but not required.
Environment & Physical Requirements
- Environment: Inside/Office
- Physical activity: Sedentary with moderate walking
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required in this position.