Goodridge is the world’s leading manufacturer of performance fluid transfer systems. We operate in the OEM, automotive, motorcycle, motorsport, defense, and specialist industrial sectors. This dynamic private company manufactures ten facilities globally and supplies customers around the world with a unique combination of design, innovation, reliability, and outstanding service. Goodridge has a turnover of over $62m and operates globally with manufacturing and distribution operations in the UK, USA, Mexico, and Europe, employing more than 300 people worldwide.
The Product Engineer is responsible for developing products in the Mooresville NC facility.
- Responsible for generating production and sales support documentation (i.e. design specifications, engineering changes, project requests, Bills of Material, Engineering Cost Analysis, etc.).
- Prepare design briefs and specifications for the CAD drafters to formally draw and upload, the engineer is responsible to check and mark up the drawings and walk them through to approval.
- Works with suppliers to incorporate the best manufacturing methods into the design.
- With knowledge and support of Account Manager, the Design Engineer can liaise directly with the customer engineering contacts.
- Work independently and manage design projects as part of a multi-disciplined project team.
- Travel to other plant locations to assist production teams and to develop and complete projects.
- Design, Develop, and Test new products.
- Compete Project Cost Analysis and assist sales in developing a quote package.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERENCE to be considered for this role:
- BSME is required.
- Experience with 3-D Cad systems is required (Solidworks).
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in new product development, Project Management or Product management preferred.
- Familiarity with fluid transfer systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office includes Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficiency in AS400 (System21) would be an asset.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with Management, colleagues, vendors, and customers.
- Good mechanical aptitude; good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn technical subjects relating to Engineering.
- Ability to progress assignments proactively even with minimal direction or instructions.
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks that may not fall within the day-to-day routine.
- Professional attitude and appearance; accommodating and proactive; good enthusiasm and energy and forward-thinking mentality.
- Self-motivated and possesses a strong detail-oriented work style.
- Ability to identify work priorities, function with minimal supervision and dependability.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Confident and effective decision-making ability.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different stages simultaneously.
- Ability to proofread and accurately prepare documents and files.
- Welcomes change and challenges.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (approximately 5%).
- Pre-employment background screening may include previous employment, education, criminal history, drug/alcohol and driving record verification.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Environment: Inside/Office
- Physical activity: Sedentary with moderate walking
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OFFERED
- 401K, employer match up to 4%
- Paid Vacation/Sick
- 13 Paid Holidays