HODINKEE – Planning Manager
Who We Are
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest, and fun.
By joining our exceptional HODINKEE team, you can help transform the watch industry by delivering a unique, superior, and customer-first experience.
The HODINKEE Shop Planning Manager is responsible for analyzing and forecasting for the H-SHOP through strategic merchandise planning, inventory management, and tactical reporting. The Planning Manager will partner with the Buyers to forecast replenishment inventory and newness; as well as build and maintain the monthly OTB.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will…
· Create and lead financial sales and OTB plans
· Partner with buying to continually manage the business through in-season analysis and tactical adjustments
· Quantify replenishment buys in partnership with the buyers as well as ensure new purchases support the financial sales targets
· Manage Key Item Plans to ensure optimal inventory
· Review receipts flows and Open Order
· Partner with VP Commercial on promotional strategies and aged inventory
· Develop, maintain, and update tools & reports to respond to business need
· Create selling reports and provide historical recaps to analyze and communicate business performance.
· Monitor product performance (sales, margin, sell through)
Who You Are
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● At least 5-7 years of experience in Retail Planning
● Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
● Resourceful and a Team Player
● Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
● Comfortable and effective at developing strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
● Experience working with luxury goods such as watches, jewelry, fine art, and/or leather goods
● Experience with Shopify and NetSuite a plus
● Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job and work in a fast-paced environment
● Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE provides a fast paced, dynamic culture where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance. Ideal candidates are comfortable navigating challenging forces in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the most effective processes which will enable the organization to innovate and grow.
At HODINKEE, diversity, inclusion & belonging are valued at our core, sparking, and enabling us to do good for our associates, customers, and communities. We nurture an environment that attracts and develops talent from all backgrounds and experiences and empower our associates to do great work by creating a culture that values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration, and encourages innovative ideas – and are routinely recognized as one of the best companies to work. Successful employees at HODINKEE embraces new challenges, to generate new insights, drives high-impact results, motivates others, creates followership, and maintains a high bar for success, while fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, and accountability.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
(Note: If you are invited to interview for a position with us and you require a reasonable accommodation during the interview process, please inform your recruiter that you will need a reasonable accommodation and identify the accommodation, if possible, when you are contacted to schedule an interview).