HODINKEE – Head of Social Media
Who We Are
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest, and fun.
By joining our exceptional HODINKEE team, you can help transform the watch industry by delivering a unique, superior, and customer-first experience.
Now we need someone to lead our social media team! It’s a high-profile job and a rare opportunity. And we’re looking to hire a star.
What You'll Do
The Head of Social Media oversees the strategy and management of all social platforms for HODINKEE. This person will work on the Editorial team, with a dotted line to Marketing, to grow our audience across each platform for the brand and its extensions. The right candidate will develop a strong, clear, approachable social voice aligned with the brand to translate the (sometimes esoteric) world of watches to a diverse global audience. The Head of Social will be data-driven enough to achieve core business KPIs, and yet will have the soft skills necessary to hire, mentor, and manage a small team of junior staffers.
In this role, you will…
- Define and orchestrate organic social strategy for all HODINKEE platforms, including H Shop and Crown & Caliber. The idea is to enhance our editorial posts with bespoke social storytelling, rather than simply linking to articles. And to give our Shop posts an editorial touch, rather than a crass commercial hard-sell.
- Grow our audience across every channel,ng with YouTube and Instagram, and continuing through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and whatever service pops up next
- Create elegant, entertaining, and engaging content that appeals to watch enthusiasts and newcomers alike, supporting key product launches, limited editions, marketing campaigns, and of course daily editorial
- Establish guidelines and best practices for social with support and alignment from Editorial and Marketing leads
- Align social KPIs with Editorial and Marketing to set measurable engagement and growth targets. Establish a strong social reporting dashboard to measure results, and regularly share your insights
- Drive revenue by making our social content effortlessly shoppable
- Balance Editorial content and Commercial/Merchandising priorities across all key platforms
- Maintain (and update as necessary our SEO best practices)
- Lead our community management effort
- Deliver a roadmap of innovation, tests, and social-first programming to refine our approach
- Work closely with the Brand Partnerships team to develop branded content programs that are HODINKEE-grade and social-first
- Spearhead a HODINKEE influencer program by establishing a database of approved influencers (existing and new) as well as guidelines for influencer agreements
- Partner with Customer Care leads to coordinate response on customer queries via social platforms to ensure comments are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Stay abreast of industry trends, monitor competitor activity, and share intel internally. Audit current social tools and identify new ones to bring into our business
- Work with a sense of urgency, and a sense humor
Who You Are
A collaborative, quick-minded, savvy, fearless, social digital native with…
- 5 to 7 years of meaningful experience in social media (Agency, Publishing or DTC brands preferred)
- Deep understanding of editorial storytelling, plus fluency in brand marketing
- Expert knowledge of social-first content forms including video, text, photography, and animation – and the discernment to know when to use each
- Familiarity with social CMS tools (Sprinklr, Sprout etc.), analytic tools (i.e., Google Analytics, Iconosquare), and advocacy/UGC tools such as Bazaarvoice
- Strong project-management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proactiveness and initiative, willingness to collaborate and frequently partner across the business
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Superb editing and proofreading chops
- Great communication and presentation skills
- An unwavering commitment to customer service
- Interest in watches, with a desire to learn more
HODINKEE provides a fast paced, dynamic culture where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance. Ideal candidates are comfortable navigating challenging forces in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the most effective processes which will enable the organization to innovate and grow.
At HODINKEE, diversity, inclusion & belonging are valued at our core, sparking, and enabling us to do good for our associates, customers, and communities. We nurture an environment that attracts and develops talent from all backgrounds and experiences and empower our associates to do great work by creating a culture that values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration, and encourages innovative ideas – and are routinely recognized as one of the best companies to work. Successful employees at HODINKEE embraces new challenges, to generate new insights, drives high-impact results, motivates others, creates followership, and maintains a high bar for success, while fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, and accountability.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
(Note: If you are invited to interview for a position with us and you require a reasonable accommodation during the interview process, please inform your recruiter that you will need a reasonable accommodation and identify the accommodation, if possible, when you are contacted to schedule an interview).