HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You’ll Do
Our Watchmaker is responsible for authenticating and fully overhauling watches, with a specialization in high complications and high production. HODINKEE is currently a partner to (5) luxury watch brands. At HODINKEE we work on multiple luxury watch brands on a daily basis.
In this role you will...
- Experienced working with multiple brands of watches
- Complete watch overhauls timely
- Authenticating potential C&C watches
- Preparing watches for sale, performing work ranging from basic regulation to complete service.
- Complete repairs on time and according to Crown & Caliber standards
- Maintaining a clean workshop
- Meeting assigned daily deadlines
- Prepare polished cases for own work
Who You Are
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Friendly, trustworthy, and reliable
- Highly organized
- Comfortable working alone as well as on a team
- Ability to communicate complex theory and issues to a broad audience
- Honest and trustworthy
- Brand certification from major watch brand a plus
- Ability to work independently
- 3-5 years of watch servicing
- High School Degree or equivalent, required
- Industry recognized certification in watchmaking preferred
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
Relocation reimbursement is available for this position.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.