HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You Will Do
HODINKEE is looking for a full-time Front-End Engineer to help build the top platform for everything watch related. We are the combination of an editorial outlet, an e-commerce/retail platform, and a tech-forward product team. As a Front-End Engineer at HODINKEE, your work will touch most of the business and enable technology to keep the experience for our readers and customers on the bleeding edge.
From an engineering standpoint, you will need to be able to implement new features, as well as understand, work with, and refactor existing code. We are looking for someone that can solve problems efficiently and cleanly. We are a fast growing team, so we need someone that is flexible and can help review the work of the other developers.
Who You Are
- At a minimum, candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in the following:
- Expert knowledge of React and its ecosystem.
- Strong proficiency with modern HTML and CSS/SCSS.
- Experience interfacing with API’s, both in-house and 3rd party.
- Ability to implement responsive designs and work closely with our designers. You won’t be responsible for creating your own designs, but should have enough of a design sense to offer feedback and tweaks during implementation.
- Proficiency working with git version control.
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
An exceptional candidate will have some additional, preferred qualities such as:
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Experience working with Shopify or any other e-commerce platform.
- Experience working with Ruby/Rails.
- Experience working on content management systems or parts thereof, e.g. WYSIWYG editors.
- Familiarity with SVG’s and animation on the web (either CSS or JS based).
- Passionate about performance optimization, either at a language or a system level.
- An interest in watches or other collectibles!
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.