Who are we?
While technology has brought us closer than ever, it has also opened up new ways for people to harass, bully, threaten, scam, and overall hurt each other. At Spectrum, we empower our clients to recognize these behaviors on their own platform according to their own community guidelines. Using the signal from our solutions, platforms can more effectively enforce those guidelines and promote a healthier environment for their users to become a community. You can read about the work we're doing at our blog or our white papers.
Spectrum is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team.
Who are you?
You’re an experienced technologist who revels in designing simple systems to handle complex problems. You like taking ownership of the services you work on in a production environment. You're fine with rolling out code all the time because if anything unexpected happens, you have it covered. When a library you rely on had a problem, you found the bug, fixed it, and sent the maintainers a patch.
Great, we'd love to talk to you! Spectrum might be just the place for you; We're looking for people who can design & build fast changing web applications, horizontally scaling microservices, analytics, and real time APIs. We want to work with people who love to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
- 3-5 years of experience working with web, applications and microservices technologies.
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Understanding of modern system design using event-driven architecture.
- Willingness to use / learn functional programming in Scala and Typescript.
- Understand your users’ problems and have built systems to solve them.
- Knowledge of Scala - Play and/or Vue.js is a huge plus.
Your Tech Friends Would Say
- You Make things work and get things done
- Can work at all levels of the stack, wants to understand how systems work.
- Prefer to find a practical solution to a complicated problem.
- Love to learn new things and put them into practice.
- Leave things better than you found them.
What you will do
- Work in small teams to build web and micro services and contribute to technical architecture.
- Work with cutting edge technologies: Scala (play framework + grpc), Vue.js (typescript + grpc-web + fp-ts), kafka-streams. (We 💓 functional programming.)
- Become and stay an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools.
- Contribute to Open Source solutions and communities we use wherever you can.
If this role and our mission are interesting to you, but you don't feel like you've met all of the qualifications above, please apply anyway. Every role and every candidate is unique and these are not meant to be an exhaustive list of what a successful applicant would be.
Learn more about Spectrum's investors and advisors on Crunchbase: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/spectrum-5