Position: Director of Sales - Data and Enterprise Services Status: Full-time
Supervisor’s Title: Chief Business Officer Date: November 18, 2022
Objectives and Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and create business cases that underwrite different sales strategies across different industries
· Build sales pipeline to exceed individual sales goals and ensure Chief Business Officer is informed on the progress of those goals.
· Create and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs.
· Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes.
· Make pitches/presentations to C-level individuals for Markaaz Data and Enterprise services
· Drive and exceed sales and revenue targets for new products, services or launches
· Create strategies to up sell and cross sell Markaaz products and services to existing and new customers
· Implements marketing strategies; by analyzing trends, market mapping, competitor analysis to enable effective decisioning and forecasting of sales numbers
· Acts as a product and services expert, preferably with a background in data, leveraging internal knowledge to build trust and respect with both internal and external customers
· Regularly reports all sales activity and acts within the company’s compliance framework
· Liaises with the operations team for a smooth delivery of the end product and ensuring the service expectations of the customers are met.
· Maintains data / client contact details in appropriate data warehouses.
· Files Progress Reviews and Forecasting Reports periodically as required by leadership.
· Graduate Degree with minimum experience of 10+ years in Corporate/B2B sale with a data background.
· Ability to comprehend and analyze financial statements.
· Ability to write competitive proposals and RFPs, and do business case and pricing calculations
· Strong analytical skills and ability to provide value added insights.
· Knowledge of both the large and small business environments and how to navigate them
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong verbal/written communication skills that condense data presentation skills to communicate with both business and technical teams effectively
· Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
· Proven ability to think outside the box
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting Software etc.
· Superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills
Additional Preferred Requirements:
· Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
· Ability to work independently in a decentralized environment, without the reliance of direct authority
· Highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
· Broad understanding of current and emerging technology practices
· High level of initiative, accountability, and follow-through
· Value strong teamwork and collaboration skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects and prioritize needs
· Strong sense of service and passion for the company and business
- Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States
- Willingness to submit to any requested background checks
- Fluent in English
Competencies: To perform the essential functions of this position and the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Critical thinking—able to think critically, reason, and apply knowledge learned on the job to the tasks at hand.
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; exhibits creativity and a willingness to try new solutions; and appropriately applies problem-solving techniques.
- Confidentiality—operates with the highest level of discretion and maintains complete confidentiality of all business matters.
- Interpersonal skills—thrives in, and fosters, a team-oriented environment; able to establish strong relationships based on a foundation of trust; is able to easily and confidently work with a diverse constituency in regard to cultural backgrounds, levels/roles, and personality differences; remains open to others' ideas.
- Oral communication— speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and able to effectively make presentations to small or large groups.
- Written communication—drafts products with minimal oversight; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively and accurately; able to skillfully write, read and interpret written information.
- Technical knowledge—possesses thorough knowledge of all operating systems and programs required by this role.
- Planning/organizing—effectively prioritizes and plans work activities; manages time efficiently and effectively; successfully manages conflicting priorities; communicates key objectives and necessary tactics to meet project requirements/goals; proactively identifies and anticipates needs and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—skillfully adapts to changes, delays, or other unexpected events; manages competing demands, priorities, and deadlines; able to coordinate across various time zones.
- Dependability— self-directed, self-accountable, and self-motivated; meets deadlines; attendance is punctual and reliable; able to take direction, follow instructions, and work independently; solicits feedback to improve performance.
Work Environment: This position predominantly operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for up to eight hours or more at a time. The employee must use his/her hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment: All employees and candidates for employment are provided equal employment opportunities. Individuals are recruited, hired, assigned, promoted, compensated and trained on the basis of their qualifications for the job, and without regard to race (including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religious creed, religious belief or grooming (including dress or grooming practices) gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/domestic partner status, citizenship, national origin (including physical, cultural, or linguistic characteristics of a national origin group, marriage to or association with a national origin group, and attendance or participation in schools, churches or mosques used by a person of a national origin group) and ancestry (including language use and protected use of driver’s licenses granted under the California Vehicle Code), mental or physical disability (including Aids and HIV status), medical condition, including cancer and genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), caregiver status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding (including related medical conditions to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), age, military and veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, and/or use of any legally protected leave, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. This policy expressly prohibits unlawful discrimination against those associated with or perceived to belong to a protected class, whether or not an employee falls into such class. All such discrimination is unlawful. The Equal Employment Policy incorporates the Company’s commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination in accordance with state and federal laws.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.