MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
The Accounting team plays a critical role at Moleaer in equipping and empowering the company to make intelligent business decisions. We work closely and partner with senior management and other internal teams to support growth and ensure the longevity and long-term financial health of the company.
By collecting data and reporting the business's financial activities in accordance with US GAAP, we provide accurate and timely financial reports for strategic planning and decision-making purposes as well as quarterly reports to external parties including our investors and lending institutions. As a team, we are responsible for the integrity of our financial data through the maintenance of effective controls and support of our annual financial audits. It is also our responsibility to maintain tax and regulatory compliance across different jurisdictions at federal (U.S. and foreign), state, and local levels.
We are looking for a driven and detailed-oriented professional to leverage the ERP system for new process efficiencies while delivering timely reports, to update procedures, and to train existing staff. This position supervises all aspects of financial reporting, GL maintenance including month-end close, and fixed assets management. Additionally, you will be managing the day-to-day accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit management. As a smaller environment, please be prepared to “roll up your sleeves” in support of these functions, while also being a supervisor for a small but growing team.
- Manage the timely preparation of the monthly financial package, including correct consolidation and elimination accounting and a reasonable valuation of the CTA.
- Maintain month end close checklist, and communicate status with relevant team members to stay on track for a timely delivery of month end reports.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations and other process controls to help ensure the reliability of the financial statements.
- Complete monthly bank rec and ensure historical data corroborates information presented on the cash flow forecast.
- Prepare and maintain an "accounting manual" clearly defining and documenting our internal control policies, processes, and procedures.
- Review and ensure the accurate statement of intercompany entries and foreign currency accounting.
- Review worldwide payroll reports for reasonableness, inquiring where necessary on non-recurring changes for proper authorization. Upload periodic payroll journal entries into GL, and reconcile month end accrued balance.
- Collaborate with the cost accounting function to ensure reasonable valuation of month end inventory, COGS, and gross margins by product line.
- Supervise controls and accounting over travel & meals and ensure adequate safeguards over employee reimbursements, while ensuring timely payments.
- Troubleshoot operational accounting functions and postings from billing, cash application, and accounts payable. Continue to leverage technology to eliminate manual processes.
- Provide monthly data on the EU Sales reports, and quarterly information on VAT to outside tax accountants for timely filing. Look for ways to ultimately complete these filings in-house.
- Coordinate the international statutory financial statement process, working directly with international service providers.
The successful candidate should also be capable of handling the following duties:
- Working to proactively develop new value-added reports out of the ERP for monthly package and business colleagues in other departments.
- Overseeing payroll administration support and recording using data from the outside provider.
- Supervising the year-end audit
- Partner with Operations, R&D, Engineering, and IT departments to build out our fixed asset accounting tracking, asset tagging system and procedures
- Develop and mentor Accounting staff.
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience from both public accounting and industry sectors
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) preferred with CPA firm assurance experience.
- Must have experience with NetSuite on intermediate accounting functions including consolidations and currency translation adjustments (CTA)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Proactive mindset with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time and self-management skills; ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative working style and team player
- Advanced Excel skills
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA