Financial Operations Manager
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
The Financial Operations Manager will be chiefly responsible for maintaining the inventory cost accounting system. We invite exceptional individuals to join our team and collaborate routinely with members of multiple departments to understand how ongoing changes in the business environment impact product costs and profitability. This individual will be instrumental in conducting influential presentations on cost accounting metrics to the leadership team.
- Co-Own and develop the cost accounting standards, Bills of Materials (BOM) and supporting records.
- Analyze manufacturing standards versus actual production costs and provide regular true ups. when standard cost assumptions and assumed production volumes are overridden by operating realities.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and provide cogent analyses to support GL adjustments.
- Develop cost standards on new product launches in collaboration with Operational counterparts.
- Maintain the Price Bank, which includes product costs and commercial prices determined in collaboration with the commercial organization.
- Evaluate Direct Labor and Applied Overhead absorption budget variances, including rationalizing ongoing manufacturing overtime and making analytical recommendations to minimize.
- Prepare monthly reports on product margins, absorption, PPV, scrap/expiration, and other metrics to ensure timely/accurate standards, product gross margins, and properfication of finished goods for product line reporting.
- Assist with the GL preparation, cost allocation entries, balance sheet recs, month end close, financial statement preparation, and audits.
- Monitor the cycle count program and make recommendations for improvement and regularly review physical to perpetual adjustments with Operational counterparts.
- Challenge production methods and recommend cost savings.
- Maintain policies and procedures on the Inventory Accounting and co-author suitable, reasonable procedural for inventory scrap review and write off.
- BA/BS in Accounting and strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Must have manufacturing industry experience.
- Must have NetSuite experience
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience maintaining standards and Bills of Material.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to work well in a team environment, and provide timely and reliable feedback.
- Strong ability to influence appropriate Operational counterparts to timely closeout normal costing duties.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to articulate and prepare formal presentations to leadership team
- Ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Proactive disposition to solving issues and recommending viable solutions.
- Can-do attitude with an ability to drive & meet assigned month end close duties.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Detail oriented & professional approach to business
- Competitive Base Salary along with discretionary bonus.
- A creative & collaborative environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan and paid time off.
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA