Sr. Project Engineer
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
Moleaer is seeking a motivated Senior Project Engineer to join its Product Engineering team. This position is responsible for the design and timely delivery of engineering projects including but not limited to new products, and custom systems. The ideal candidate is an experienced design engineer with project management skills.
- Design new products from the R&D hand-off to the complete market release by applying Moleaer’s NPD process. Capture stakeholders’ requirements, follow the NPD deliverables checklist, provide executive summaries, scope, schedule, budget, and change requests to the project decision board.
- Responsible for the mechanical design of custom systems from scratch or by modifying existing designs. Be able to do the necessary design work, 3D modeling, and 2D drafting for production release.
- Manage custom systems design projects. Based on the sales proposal, establish the scope of work, schedule, and communicate change requests with the stakeholders (engineering, production, supply chain, commercial, customers). Closely monitor resources performance, timelines, and lead times.
- Engage internally with employees at all levels of the organization and externally with customers, contractors, and channel partners to successfully deliver projects.
- Closely monitor projects’ execution. Evaluate risks and tasks on the critical path. Provide early warnings of delays, scope creeps, and cost increases to the internal and external stakeholders.
- 7 years of mechanical design experience focused on systems with pumps, compressors, and related auxiliary components.
- 7 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment with, preferably, in-house production capabilities.
- 3 years of technical project management or project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in using 3D modeling and drafting software such as SolidWorks®, and Inventor® or similar software platforms to create assemblies and machined parts drawings (GD&T knowledge is highly desirable).
- Proficient in creating assembly drawings from scratch with complete bills of materials.
- Proficient in carrying out a design project from the concept phase to production release.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously without jeopardizing timelines.
- Able to quickly respond to urgent requests, mitigate risks, and make key timely decisions to keep projects on track.
- Able to manage time and focus in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with engineering, supply chain, production, technicians, customers, and channel partners
- Comfortable using tools such as Zoom® and Teams to remotely communicate with employees and customers across the globe in different time zones.
- Have a passion for innovation, design, and building high-performing teams.
- Preferred skills: Experience in using PDM/PLM software and ERP systems.
- Preferred skills: Experience in using product development processes and tools such as Stage-Gate®, and Agile®.
- Preferred skills: Experience in designing water processing systems, hydraulic systems, or gas injection equipment.
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA