MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
Moleaer is seeking a motivated Senior Sustaining Engineer to join its Product Engineering team. The individual will be responsible for supporting Moleaer’s existing product lines and maintaining accurate records of design and customer-facing documents. In this cross-functional role, the Sr. Sustaining Engineer will work closely with production, supply chain, global field services, and the commercial team as well as suppliers and customers.
- Supports US and EU-based production teams by providing updated drawings, bills of materials, work instructions, and promptly responding to their inquiries.
- Structures bills of materials (BOMs) in the ERP system (NetSuite). Continuously audits BOMs and adjusts if necessary.
- Monitors weekly production schedule. Assures the BOMs and drawings are up to date and ready for production use.
- Creates, revises, and maintains customer-facing documents such as operation manuals, installation manuals, datasheets, and product support documents library.
- Supports the commercial team by promptly responding to product questions, and sending required documents and specifications to help secure new orders or serve customers/channel partners.
- Revises drawings using SolidWorks. Follows Moleaer’s ECO process to properly disposition materials. Closes the loop with ECO stakeholders before releasing new revisions.
- Supports NPD projects by reviewing drawings, auditing BOMs, reaching out to suppliers for first articles, and entering new BOMs in the ERP system.
- Works with the production, supply chain, global service, and commercial teams to reduce/eliminate failure modes, improve performance/serviceability/quality, and reduce costs.
- Supports the supply chain team by proposing alternate parts, evaluating first articles, and supplier-suggested components. Analyzes supplier/production deviation requests.
- Works closely with the global service team to address time-sensitive field issues. Provides technical support, root cause analysis, and corrective actions. Makes time outside the regular office hours to support the field service work.
- 8 years of mechanical engineering design experience focused on fluid management equipment such as pumps, compressors, or hydraulic systems.
- 5 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment with, preferably, in-house production capabilities.
- Proficient in using 3D modeling and drafting software such as SolidWorks®, and Inventor® or similar software to create 3D models assemblies, and machined parts drawings (GD&T knowledge is highly desirable).
- Proficient in creating assembly drawings from scratch with complete bills of materials.
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously without jeopardizing timelines or scope.
- Able to quickly respond to urgent requests, mitigate risks, and make key timely decisions to support products, and address failure or field service issues.
- Able to manage time and focus in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with engineering, supply chain, production, technicians, customers, and channel partners.
- Willing to wear different hats and get the job done.
- Comfortable using tools such as Zoom®, and Teams to remotely communicate with employees and customers across the globe in different time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, systems, electromechanical, mechatronics or electromechanical engineering.
- Experience in using PDM/PLM software and ERP systems.
- Product development processes and tools such as Stage-Gate®, and Agile®.
- Designing water processing systems, hydraulic systems, or gas injection equipment.
- Prior role as a sustaining engineer, sales/technical support engineer, or application engineer.
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA