Field Service Technician
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
The Field Service Technician performs “hands-on” work for the installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, repair, and operation of Moleaer’s proprietary Nanobubble Generation equipment and non-proprietary related systems. Daily tasks require the knowledge and ability to perform work using a wide variety of skill sets including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, chemical, and electronic process control systems. These tasks must be carried out in compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety rules and regulations. Given the core technology of Moleaer is related to fluid dynamics, a general understanding of the practical aspects of this field is useful for understanding how the technology works, especially understanding fluid flow and pressure in pumps and piping systems. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and positively with the Company’s clients, company management, project managers, design engineers and manufacturing engineers. The position requires up to 30% travel time throughout the USA and sometimes internationally (no criminal history / ability to obtain a passport is required).
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair basic mechanical devices such as pumps, filtration equipment, air compressors air separators, ozonation equipment, etc.
- Install, maintain, trouble-shoot and repair pumping, piping control and piping conveyance components and systems
- Install, maintain, trouble-shoot and repair basic electrical supply and electrical control systems
- Install, maintain, trouble-shoot and repair basic pneumatic systems including air controls and conveyance systems
- Install, maintain, trouble-shoot and repair hydraulic systems
- Operate, install, maintain, trouble-shoot and repair SCADA, HMI, and PLC systems
- Conduct various types of water quality testing
- Observe, analyze, and record plant operational data as required
- Provide detailed documentation of plant condition(s) and accurate/timely field reports
- Make recommendations for system improvements to management.
- Provide training to operators on system operation and maintenance
- Become educated through manufacturer coursework/reading manuals on the process and equipment installation, preventative maintenance, rebuilding, repairing and/or replacement techniques and then use those techniques in carrying out your work.
- Work with all stakeholders to maintain a safe work environment on the job site
- Review/recommend/implement Environmental Health and Safety initiatives
- Read, write, and communicate effectively and positively in the English language
- Physically fit and capable of physically working in the field including some lifting
- Knowledge of operating a computer (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, ERP systems, etc.)
- Understand the importance of and capable of carrying out work in a manner that is in compliance with best practice environmental, health and safety rules and regulations
- Free from any dependency on alcohol or illegal drugs due to the need to operate equipment on the job
- Have a driving license, a properly licensed vehicle and be willing and able to travel
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Persistent and determined to carry out tasks and projects to a successful conclusion
- Good time/schedule management skills
- Pleasant disposition, especially when dealing with customers and co-workers
- Ability to be a positive ambassador to / representative of the company
- Creative problem solver
- Able to work in a clean and orderly manner with attention paid to detail
- Read, understand, and make use of mechanical, electrical and process flow drawings
- Ability to perform work with hand and power tools
- Basic understanding of and experience with fluid pumping, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC, SCADA/HMI, and other related systems
- Basic understanding of water quality testing
- Bilingual English / Spanish
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA