MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
The R&D Laboratory Technician works with Application Engineers to conduct experiments on nanobubble applications in various industries. This person supports design and assembly of experimental setups and various mechanical/electrical assemblies and can independently carry out experiments using these setups. The Laboratory Technician makes observations, collects data, makes conclusions and writes reports based on the experiments.
The R&D team is responsible for developing the science and applications around gas nanobubbles. Moleaer’s nanobubble generators are proven to improve the use efficiency of water and reduce operational expenses across a wide range of applications including irrigation water and crop production, surface water and wastewater treatment, natural resource recovery, and aquaculture. As we accelerate our efforts around new designs, we have a need for a fluid dynamics engineer to study, characterize, and validate the flow and pneumatic behavior of bubble generators. The engineer will also conduct internal and external benchmarking studies.
- Support the application engineering team in executing laboratory experiments.
- Experiments will include the use of the following equipment/methods:
- UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Moleaer Nanobubble Generators
- Malvern NanoSight
- Zeta Potential Analyzer
- YSI Multiparameter Instrument
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater
- Conduct gas transfer and nanobubble performance testing
- Ensure smooth operation of laboratory functions by managing laboratory inventory and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Further the company’s fundamental knowledge on the quickly developing the field of nanobubbles.
- Design of experiments and construction of test stations and experimental setups.
- Field work in support of pilots and data collection.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree chemical or environmental engineering.
- Applicants actively pursuing a degree will also be considered
- Direct experience in conducting scientific research and performing laboratory experiments
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques and common biological and chemical laboratory methods
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical writing and communication skills (English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Travel up to 15% of the time
- Experience with oxygen transfer experimental protocols.
- Self-starter with experience working in small teams
- Creative problem solver
- Experience implementing and following safe laboratory practices
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA