Senior Pneumatic Systems Engineer
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
Moleaer is seeking a motivated Senior Pneumatic Systems Engineer to join its Product Engineering team. This individual will work as a part of a team of talented engineers to develop Moleaer’s next generation of nanobubble generators and assist the company with scaling up its production capabilities by standardizing existing products’ designs.
- Design, analysis, sourcing, prototyping and testing of compression subsystems for new products.
- Value engineering of existing products to reduce costed bill of materials, reduce failure modes risks (DFMEA, PFMEA), improve efficiency and design for manufacturing/assembly (DFM, DXM).
- Support existing installations by working closely with the global field service team to address time-sensitive field issues.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and vendors to reduce lead times. Specify alternate parts that are cost effective and backward compatible.
- Be able to manage product requirements based on the latest technology learnings, voice of the customer (VOC) and regulatory requirements.
- Have a forward-looking design vision. Create flexibility in the product architecture to quickly implement future changes without substantial modifications to the overall design.
- Follow product traceability best practices including drawings revision control, ECO/ECN, BOM changes.
- Maintain focus on Moleaer’s new product development (NPD) process throughout projects’ life cycles and be able to make key design decisions with minimum supervision in a timely manner.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in the following:
- Developing compression systems or subsystems with integrated flow/pressure management devices such as compressors, safety valves, pressure vessels, pneumatic/electrically operated valves, etc.
- 3D modeling and 2D drafting of mechanical assemblies with detailed bill of materials (SolidWorks® preferred).
- Strong foundation in applied fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Experience in writing work instruction, engineering reports and procedures for production and manufacturing teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to present work progress, test results and reports to a broad audience and/or the executive team.
- Experience in mentoring and training junior engineers, and technicians.
- Experience in designing gas injection systems.
- Experience in the design and troubleshooting of compressors, pressure vessel, and pneumatic valves.
- Experience in PLC or other automation programming.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective actions (RCA) methodologies.
- Background in utilizing PLM and PDM systems.
- Experience in system design methodologies such as the V-model to systematically capture stakeholder requirements, design subsystems, build prototypes and test/qualify them against the requirements.
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA