R&D Application Engineer (Electrolysis)
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for a smart, curious, and driven engineer/scientist/technologist with research experience in electrolytic processes to join our application engineering team in the R&D group.
The application engineering team is responsible for identifying and developing new and emerging nanobubble applications that provide distinct value to our customers. Moleaer’s nanobubble generators are proven to improve water treatment process efficiency and reduce operational expenses across a wide range of applications including irrigation water and crop production, surface water and wastewater treatment, natural resource recovery, and aquaculture. We are looking to expand the application of nanobubbles to electrolytic processes.
Develop/optimize nanobubble based electrolytic processes by:
- Designing and executing lab, pilot and field experiments using Moleaer nanobubble generators to improve process efficiency of electrolytic processes in various industries
- Generating process kinetics data to support scaleup and design of treatment systems and protocols
- Supporting market development and sales with:
- Technical proposals on electrolytic projects
- Proof of concept demonstrations
- Preparing technical training materials for customers and the sales/market development teams
- Identifying and developing new innovative applications for nanobubbles in electrolytic processes
- Designing and assisting in the build of bench top and pilot test stations
- Designing experimental test plans
- Interfacing with university and partner research teams to develop processes
- Summarizing, reporting, and presenting data, results, and conclusions
- Collaborating and cooperating with team members on team projects
- Traveling up to 20% of the time to conduct field pilots, present at conferences, meet with customers and partners
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (graduate degree preferred) in electrochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering
- Experience in developing research-based solutions to challenges in electrolysis/electrolytic process industries
- History of success in developing research-based solutions/systems for electrolytic applications
- Experience in conducting scientific research in electrolytic processes
- Experience in performing electrolysis related laboratory tests and experiments.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Creative problem solver, high level of curiosity and learning ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills (English).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Five or more years of professional work experience.
- Self-starter with experience working in small teams.
- Good mechanical aptitude and hands-on ability to setup systems for lab, pilot, field testing.
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Ability to handle projects from ideation to development to launch.
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA