R&D Scientist (Colloid & Surface Chemistry)
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for a smart, curious, and driven scientist/technologist with research experience in colloid and surface science to join our nanobubble science team in the R&D group.
The nanobubble science team is responsible for developing foundational science around the behavior, properties, functionality and novel applications of gas nanobubbles. Moleaer’s nanobubble generators are proven to improve the use efficiency of water and reduce operational expenses across a wide range of applications including irrigation water and crop production, surface water and wastewater treatment, natural resource recovery, and aquaculture. We are looking to further explore, discover, and understand unique properties of nanobubbles and create new applications in various industries.
Discover, study, and quantify the unique properties/functions of nanobubbles and develop applications proof of concept by:
- Designing and executing lab and pilot experiments using Moleaer nanobubble generators
- Modifying the surface characteristics of nanobubbles to create new properties and functionalities
- Generating basic performance data to justify taking the idea to the development phase by the Application Engineering team.
- Working with university researchers and partners to develop new nanobubble science and applications.
- Expanding the intellectual property portfolio around nanobubble science and applications
- Supporting market/business development with technical proposals on new discoveries and proof of concept demonstrations
- Preparing technical briefs for internal communications
- Summarizing, reporting, and presenting data, results, and conclusions
- Collaborating and cooperating with team members on team projects
- Traveling up to 10% of the time to conduct field visits, present at conferences, meet with customers and partners
- Minimum a graduate degree in colloidal chemistry/physics, nano science, surface & interface chemistry
- Experience in developing research-based solutions and applications using colloid and nano science
- Demonstrable successes in research-based discovery of new science in colloids/nano-particle field
- Creative problem solver
- High level of curiosity and learning ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong technical writing and communication skills (English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Five or more years of professional work experience.
- Self-starter with experience working in small teams.
- Good mechanical aptitude and hands-on ability to set up systems for lab and pilot testing.
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Ability to ideate and develop concept demonstrations
Location of position: Hawthorne, CA