R&D Application Engineer (Waste Water)
MoleaerTM is an American-based nanobubble technology company with a mission to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect water, food, and natural resources. Moleaer established the nanobubble industry in the U.S. by developing the first nanobubble generator that can perform cost-effectively at municipal and industrial scale. In June of 2022 Moleaer announced the closing of its $40 million Series C financing round led by funds managed by Apollo (NYSE: APO) and joined by Husqvarna. To learn more, visit: www.Moleaer.com
The company's mission is to unlock the full potential of nanobubbles to enhance and protect our water, food, and natural resources.
We are looking for a smart, curious, and driven engineer/scientist/technologist with research experience in water and wastewater treatment processes & chemistry to join our Application Engineering Team.
The application engineering team is responsible for identifying and developing new and emerging nanobubble water treatment applications that provide distinct value to our customers. Moleaer’s nanobubble generators are proven to improve water treatment process efficiency and reduce operational expenses across a wide range of applications including irrigation water treatment and crop production, surface water and wastewater treatment, natural resource recovery, and aquaculture.
Develop/optimize nanobubble based water treatment processes by:
- Designing and executing lab, pilot and field experiments using Moleaer nanobubble generators for addressing water/wastewater treatment challenges in a variety of industries including municipal, industrial, agriculture, aquaculture, etc.
- Generating process kinetics data to support scaleup and design of treatment systems and protocols
- Supporting process engineering and sales with:
- Technical proposals on water/wastewater projects
- Equipment sizing for specific projects
- Answering technical application related questions
- Preparing technical training materials and equipment sizing tools and models for the sales team and distributors.
- Identifying and developing new innovative applications for nanobubble water treatment
- Designing and assisting in the build bench top and pilot test skids
- Designing experimental test plans
- Collecting and analyzing water quality samples and operating data using a variety of testing and analytical equipment
- Summarizing, reporting, and presenting data, results, and conclusions
- Collaborating and cooperating with team members on team projects
- Traveling up to 30% of the time to conduct field pilots, present at conferences, meet with customers, and train the sales team and distributors
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering / environmental engineering / chemistry / colloid & interface science (graduate degree preferred).
- Experience in water/wastewater treatment process design and optimization such as in aeration, flotation, separation, flocculation/electro-flocculation, coagulation/electro-coagulation, advanced oxidation/electro-oxidation, remediation, disinfection, etc.
- Experience in conducting scientific research in water/wastewater processes
- Experience in performing water/wastewater quality related laboratory tests and experiments.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Creative problem solver.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills (English).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Five or more years of professional work experience.
- Self-starter with experience working in small teams.
- Good mechanical aptitude and hands-on ability to setup systems for lab, pilot, field testing.
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis.
- Ability to handle projects from ideation to development to launch
- Experience with one or more of the following equipment and testing methods:
- Nano/microbubble generators (including pumps and gas compressors), UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, Malvern NanoSight, Zeta Potentional Analyzer, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, Hach Multiparameter Portable Colorimeter, YSI Multiparameter Meter, Dissolved oxygen (DO), oxidation reduction potential (ORP) and pH testing equipment