WATER PROCESS ENGINEER LOCATION: FLEXIBLE, U.S.A.
Moleaer™ (Latin for tine air) is the global leader in manufacturing industrial-scale nanobubble systems that deliver extraordinary improvements in sustainable food production, chemical-free water treatment and the recovery of natural resources.
Nanobubbles are neutrally buoyant, produce oxidants, are electrochemically active, and reduce surface tension. These characteristics enable nanobubbles to replace inefficient, energy intensive gas transfer equipment and harmful chemical oxidants and surfactants with a single, energy-efficient, chemical-free solution.
Moleaer has installed >1500 of its patented nanobubble systems in farms, wastewater treatment plants, O&G production facilities, mines, and in over 200 water bodies.
The Company has 7 patents and patent applications and aims to broaden its patent portfolio around the use of nanobubbles across a range of physical, chemical and biological processes.
Moleaer is looking for an experienced Water Process Engineer (WPE) whose responsibilities are focused on the water and wastewater processes where Moleaer and its customers integrate the Company’s nanobubble systems into their existing or new infrastructure. The WPE will focus on both pre-sale preliminary system design and post-sale detailed process design. Typical workload will be weighted approximately 65% to pre-sale support and 35% to post-sale support. The WPE acts as a primary contact for the Sales team regarding technical project support and determining the appropriate NB generator for a given treatment process(es) for a particular project, sizing of equipment, writing equipment specifications, reviewing and compiling proposals, and transitioning projects from a sale to the design phase within Engineering, when appropriate.
The WPE collaborates with the rest of the team to develop new products, treatment methods, conduct field pilots, and participate in research and development.
- Support Sales in technical approaches to opportunities and proposals
- Determine appropriate NBG size and configuration (e.g. system) for specific project opportunities
- Perform water and wastewater process calculations & simulations based on Moleaer’s NB models
- Review client specifications and communicate with client’s technical representatives
- Create Process Flow Diagrams and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) for proposals and orders
- Preparation of process information for equipment / instrumentation datasheets
- Lead technical discussions & presentations to clients
- Write project specifications and review or compile final sales proposals
- Support in determining component specifications for overall system designs and new product development
- Support the development and maintenance of case study creation, technical journal submissions, internal database and website development
- Successfully manage small to medium projects simultaneously
- Execute field pilots on behalf of Company’s Application and Product engineering team and on behalf of customers
- Support R&D with technical research including existing patents, methods, white papers, etc.
- Support engineering team members in all other engineering duties, including mechanical design and documentation, quality control, and manufacturing engineering where needed
- Assist Sales in white paper submissions to technical journals and publications
- Assist in creating product Bill of Materials and fabrication drawings when needed
- Assist in creating and updating User Guides for all products
- Attend relevant trade shows and conferences
- Interact with Purchasing Dept. to source and specify new components and support system fabrication questions/concerns
- Accompany Sales personnel to customer facilities/sites for technical sales assistance
- Assist Service Department when necessary to resolve issues involving water and wastewater treatment processes
- Travel as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Environmental or Mechanical preferred), and experience in a technical field
- Hydraulic design experience of pumped and gravity flow or open channel water systems.
- Experience designing and executing field pilots.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Superior technical writing and communication skills (English).
- Direct experience with MS Office, AutoCAD and SolidWorks (3D and Electrical)
- Fundamental understanding of aeration, gas-to-liquid transfer, and bubble science. Familiarity with nanobubbles and/or electrochemistry a plus.
- The ideal applicant will possess experience in the water treatment industry with a strong knowledge of organic chemistry, water treatment applications, customer service, and project organization
- Work experience involving cross-functional communication and collaboration across company departments and direct communication with customers and/or upper management.
- Project management experience including development of pilot plans/project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Complete understanding of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and overall system process design
- Familiarity with industrial control systems using PLC based controls and experience with typical control elements like relays, 4-20mA loop devices, sensors, control valves etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities independently without direct supervision
- Experience with leading technical discussions with customers with heavy engineering backgrounds.
- Utilize task management system to set deadlines, prioritize project work and meet those deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule
- Strong organization and record keeping skills
- Good customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work both independently and closely with others