BRAYN is looking for a new ! Interested in joining our dynamic team? We are in search of a Senior Tax Manager to join our practice! As a Senior Tax you will lead Tax Consultants and assist partners with limited supervision in managing R&D tax incentive studies for a variety of clients.
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are growing at a fast and we need high quality talent. We primarily serve , mid-sized companies. This allows our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges, and opportunities different than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firms.
BRAYN will be the pre-eminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and alike.
Location: United States (Remote Position)
Job Title: Senior Tax Manager
Summary: Senior Tax Manager will lead tax consultants and assist partners with limited supervision in managing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients in the United States.
· Manage and review studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other specialty incentives as needed
· Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models
· Review detailed reports and narratives
· Research, understand, and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
· Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
· Perform site visits for clients as needed around the country
· Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
· Work remotely from home office
· Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
· 6 years previous experience with managing R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation required
· Previous experience managing teams and reviewing R&D tax credit studies
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Law or related field required
· Candidate who is pursuing a CPA license, JD/LLM or EA preferred
· Some travel required (client site visits: about 5-10% of work time traveling)
· Time management and attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
· Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
· Strong internal communication and external client interaction skills
· Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a good sense of humor
· Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
Huge room for growth and advancement
Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, 179D Deduction, Cost Segregation, and more
Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
Work from home, flexible schedule
401K, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available
Salary and title commensurate with experience
Interested? Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with “Senior R&D Tax Manager” in the subject line