Subject ID: Software Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
· Summary: This position will provide system and software engineering services in support of the modernization and componentization of capabilities into micro service-based capability packages as required by the Lead Engineering team, in accordance with the program directives.
· As a Software Developer, you would be involved in the full software lifecycle, from requirements definition through system level testing. You would work with Systems and Software engineers to ensure good requirements are developed for the project you are working on.
· Experience three (3) to ten years in with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and/or experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT, Windows, and/or Linux operating systems.
· Provide expertise and capability in setting and capturing software configurations to ensure proper system operation, optimize system enhancements and increase overall performance
· Develop simulation and test automation tools that focus on virtualization of software and services for desktop and server applications.
· Participate in the software development cycle including design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release
· Develops code that supports the objectives and requirements to provide optimal functionality
· Edits and improves upon code in existing software programs and applications
· Ensure code is error-free, readable, efficient, and logically organized for ease of access
· Operate debugging software and seek out root cause of error in coding sequences
· Perform detailed, manual checks of code
· Knowledge of cryptographic and security algorithms
· Debug and modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
· Conduct engineering analysis to identify, document and design optimal infrastructure and architectural approaches for related development and production environments.
· Maintain deployment of related systems using automated application deployment, scaling and management methodologies.
· Update, build and configure modular security applications for various environment.Analyze performance and recommend improvements for related infrastructure, including management and recovery strategy.
· Experience in software language and development (C#, C++, Java, SQL, Git)
· Current active DoD Secret clearance is preferred, but must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance level.
· Ability to effectively communicate with the Customer, Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific's staff, and peer contractor personnel.
Education and Certifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
· DoD 8570.01-M IAT III.