Subject ID: Systems Engineer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Summary: This position will provide system and software engineering services in support of the modernization and componentization of capabilities into micro service-based capability packages as required by the Lead Engineering team, in accordance with the program directives.
· Provide system engineering support for the design and upgrade of C4ISR network infrastructures at operational user sites
· Responsible for architecture and design of C4ISR networks consisting of PCs, workstations, servers, LANs, routers, switches, firewalls, security devices, and communications devices
· Assess various network control/communications operations, and analyze hardware and software interoperability (including protocols, network management and multimedia applications) across conventional networks, fiber and/or coaxial networks, Integrated Services Digital Networks
· Support system & network design engineering, perform rapid prototyping, and provide engineering support to demonstrate, assess, and implement new telecommunications technologies in both open and secure networking environments.
· Conducting site surveys, preparing engineering design plans, engineering configuration management, and related documentation for designated systems/networks.
· Develop performance evaluation test plans and procedures that identify the objective, scope, approach, resources, test strategy, schedule, real time and post-test analysis for all of the planned tests
· Develop scenarios simulating nominal user and data ingest workloads to characterize system performance under varying loads using volumetrics that would closely represent an existing operational or forward deployed site.
· Conduct post-test analysis, validating test data and system logs to verify proper completion and execution of tests and generate a technical report on the results.
· A minimum of 5 years of systems experience.
· MS Office, and General Computer Language.
· Current active TOP SECRET clearance is preferred, ability to obtain clearance level.
Education and Certifications:
· Bachelor's Degree (equivalent of applicable experience will be considered in lieu of degree.)
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT III.