Subject ID: Information Assurance Analyst – Navy Qualified Validator II
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Information Assurance Analyst must have a thorough understanding of RMF and familiarity with IT/network technologies. Thus, the analyst is expected to provide technical support to perform Navy RMF validator functions, independently assessing and validating that systems have correctly implemented the approved security controls, and conformed to Navy RMF package processing requirements.
Applicants must meet the requirement of U.S. Citizenship and have a SECRET security clearance,
Primary Skills & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit the Security Assessment Plan (SAP) with program assistance.
- Recommend policies and procedures to meet security control requirements.
- Perform a complete assessment of a system’s or network’s security controls, known threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Validate security controls and conduct DoD assessment procedures in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53.
- Recommend corrections to eMASS record.
- Ensure traceability of all vulnerabilities from raw assessment results to the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M).
- Recommend updates to the POA&M based on the assessment result.
- Provide a summary of failed controls in Risk Assessment tab in eMASS.
- Complete a Security Assessment Report (SAR), in conjunction with the Security Control Assessor (SCA), based on the assessment results.
- Five (5) years’ experiences with cybersecurity methodologies, tools and best practices, two (2) years developing or operating CND software tools supporting vulnerability analysis, intrusion detection, malware analysis, VRAM, ACAS, DISA STIGS, and HBSS.
- Three (3) years’ experience supporting C&A/A&A processes.
- BS in Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree or 5 years of relevant experience.
- NQV Level II certification appointment required.
- Security+, Network+, or other IAM Level II certifications required.
- An active Secret Clearance
Submission Requirements: Please go to www.myvpsi.com, click on careers, upload resume, and apply to this position. For information email Michael.Anderson@myvpsi.com or call (619) 207-9303.
Vector Planning and Services, Inc. is an EOE/Minority/Female /Disability/Vets employer.