Job Title: Co-op Coordinator Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Co-op Director
Who We Are: Urban Recipe is an Atlanta-based, non-profit organization focused on combating food insecurity in a manner that affirms dignity while providing support and a sense of community among its members and partners. For 30 years, Urban Recipe’s food cooperatives (Food Co-ops) have provided consistent food to people in need, doing so in an environment where recipients build relationships with one another and gain ownership by participating in the process. Our mission is to partner with our members and supporters in creating food security, building community, and providing a platform for personal development.
Position Summary: The Co-op Coordinator for Urban Recipe is responsible for the growth and development of a portfolio of Co-ops, volunteer engagement, and warehouse maintenance.
- Co-op Portfolio:
- Oversee the successful growth and development of the assigned portfolio of co-ops
- Ensure all co-op members adhere to membership guidelines and progress toward food security
- Engage in preparations for co-ops including sorting, packaging, and pallet building, weekly
- Answer phone calls and co-op member inquiries
- Correspond with Food Co-op Director regarding organizational goals and objectives for the co-ops
- Assist Food Co-op Director and Food Co-op Manager in the creation and communication of weekly delivery schedules
- Ensure all co-op member participation trackers, logs, and administrative paperwork are completed weekly
- Volunteer Coordination:
- Lead weekly volunteer sessions
- Communicate with volunteers about volunteer sessions’ expectations and goals
- Manage the volunteer database including Hands on Atlanta’s portal and Sign-up Genius logs
- Able to motivate, inspire and retain volunteers
- Collecting and reporting feedback from volunteers to gauge satisfaction and success
- Warehouse Maintenance:
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Promote a clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Collect merchandise from the distribution center and safely transport materials to the shipping bay
- Receive and document merchandise for delivery or return
- Identify any missing, lost, or damaged materials and immediately notify the Co-op Manager
- Ensure that all the merchandise is safely and securely packed and labeled for transport with care
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 1 year of experience in a coordinator position or community engagement role
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with a community-based or nonprofit organization is strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic office applications, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Zoom
- Experience with working in a warehouse
- Bilingual [Spanish and English], a native speaker is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, networking, and presentation skills
- Have a deep commitment to the mission of Urban Recipe
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with previous experience interacting directly with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and volunteer engagement
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Experience in managing or coordinating projects and volunteers
- Empathy with volunteers and an understanding of food insecurity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The employee will be required to lift and transport heavy items to waist level, up to 40lbs, weekly
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, and walking are required
- Required to wear and utilize all required PPE and safety equipment/tools
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility, competency, and essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.