Perimeter Medical Imaging AI is a pioneering medical technology company driven to transform cancer surgery with advanced imaging tools that address unmet medical needs. Our goal is to advance the standard of care, improve patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada and U.S. headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Perimeter's technology delivers ultra-high-resolution, real-time imaging to help physicians visualize microscopic tissue structures in the surgical margins. Simply put, we provide the medical community with the clarity needed to make critical decisions in the operating room.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller in managing and completing all multi-national accounting functions including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, asset management, debt and equity accounting, and consolidation. The Assistant Controller will also assist with and participate in developing and enhancing the Company's internal and external financial reporting processes as well as individually contribute to or lead other administrative matters.
This role is located at the Company's U.S. Headquarters in Dallas, Tx. Travel may be required (5% to 10%).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Accounting, Financial and Treasury Related Transactions
- Ensure that accounts receivable and accounts payable are processed timely and in a controlled manner.
- Lead the processing and closing of other general accounting areas, such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued liabilities, etc.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the evaluation of existing accounting processses and internal controls over financial reporting and develop and/or enhance these processes and controls as necessary.
- Write technical and accounting memos regarding various accounting matters as needed.
Budgeting, Reporting and Financial Planning
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's consolidated financial statements and disclosures.
- Perform account analysis and develop complete explanations for variances.
- Partner with functional leaders across the organization regarding financial matters, budget to actual analyses and financial trends. Communicate these activities and findings to the Corporate Controller and/or CFO.
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist Corporate Controller and/or CFO with public filings in Canada and the U.S.
- Assist the Corporate Controller and CFO with establishing and monitoring financial benchmarks that facilitate decision making and growth of the Company.
- Assist in managing and monitoring department budget and report on actual or expected variances.
- Other duties are required by the Corporate Controller or CFO.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in accounting or finance.
- At least 5 years' experience in accounting with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Experience with writing technical accounting memos.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in the English Language.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- At least 3 years in public accounting serving publicly traded companies.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment, building teams and accounting processes.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience with various ERP and accounting software systems.
- Working knowledge of the accounting for share-based payments, foreign currency transactions and currency translations.
- Superior time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while juggling competing demands, changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Capacity to exercise sound judgement, use discretion, and preserve confidentiality.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to individually contribute to and/or manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Known for integrity, flexibility, urgency, and a passion to succeed.