Team Leader Job Description
Key Role: Work diligently to ensure the youth under your direct care are making progress as we seek to move towards the vision and mission of Urban Youth Impact.
Key Responsibilities: The factors that define and truly differentiate this position from all other positions; what absolute, unique things this position should fulfill that no other does
Oversight of their classroom/students:
● Lead a variety of activities including literacy help, arts and crafts, recreation time, team building games, educational games, computer time, free time activities, life skills lessons, etc.
● Develop and execute Orton Gillingham rubric lessons plans daily
● Create and implement age appropriate centers inside the classroom
● Analyze literacy data and use it to drive lesson planning and center creation
● Ensure the safety of their students
● Properly utilize the TLA handbook and discipline policies
● Ensure volunteers in their care are utilized properly
● Ensure reading curriculum is completed on time
● Assist students with academics homework
● Maintain contact with families regarding student’s needs and progress
● Ensure classroom is kept orderly and clean on a daily basis
● Maintain attendance and performance records; submit data on Salesforce on time daily
● Attend program related meetings/conferences/workshops
● Assist with administrative tasks as needed
● Assist with transportation as a driver or rider
Key Goals: How will you know this position has been successful?
● Youth showing improvements in literacy (via reading program)
● Youth showing improvements in grades
● Youth showing improvements in behavior
● Administrative reports submitted on time
● Youth showing spiritual progress
● Mentors attained for children in class
Key Traits: What specific behaviors, beyond organizational core values, should a person in this position possess in order to achieve success?
● Be well-organized with important information
● Be conscious of deadlines and on time to work and meetings
● Exhibit an attitude of serving others
● Be creative with time and resource constraints
● Be positive/optimistic in the midst of day-to-day struggles
● Be forward thinking with activities
● Be advocate minded for children in their class
● Must have or attain 40 hour -DCF Certificate within 90 days of employment
$14.00 per hour - $16.00 after completion of required DCF classes and exam
Level 2 Background Check is required and paid by employer
Qualifications: 2 year degree or equivalent experience with youth, must
have a 40-hr certificate within 90 days of employment; reports to TLA
Program Manager; 40 hours weekly; FLSA exempt; Applicant needs to
understand that Urban Youth Impact is a faith-based organization.