Packetcraft (www.packetcraft.com) is a global provider of Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4 and UWB embedded software stacks. Packetcraft is seeking an embedded engineer that has a proven track record of delivering high quality embedded software products. This role is a development role and majority of time is spent on the software design, development, test, and maintenance of state-of-the-art wireless products.
Packetcraft software is deployed in millions of devices globally. We develop new and emerging wireless stacks for products in the wireless earbuds, hearing aids, wireless sensors, medical, industrial automation, location sensors, automotive and other IoT industries. Our software is deployed commercially and as a public open source project. See our sources on GitHub: https://github.com/packetcraft-inc/stacks.
This position is available for immediate full-time employment in Fishers, Indiana. Other U.S. regions may be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot application software related to Bluetooth LE
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot test scripts for application software
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot RTOS porting software
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot porting software for various embedded wireless development kits
- Modify and maintain technical documentation: developer and user guides
Qualification and Skills
- Must have a BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have 5+ years of embedded C software work experience
- Must be proficient at speaking and writing in the English language
- Bluetooth, 802.15.4, Zigbee, Wi-Fi experience is highly desirable
- Good understanding of the principles of efficient embedded software designs and preemptive RTOS
- Good understanding of the principles of software development cycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing and documentation
- Good understanding of automated software testing best practices
- Good knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets
- Good knowledge of test tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Python experience is highly desirable