Packetcraft (www.packetcraft.com) is a global provider of Bluetooth and 802.15.4 embedded software stacks. Join our elite software team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer working on our state-of-the-art Bluetooth link layer and controller firmware. We are growing and we are looking for a strong senior contributor who thrives in a fast-moving start-up environment and is ready for the challenge of taking our protocol solutions to the next level.
Packetcraft develops new and emerging wireless stacks for products including wireless headphones, hearing aids, automated lighting, wireless sensors, medical, industrial automation, entertainment, automotive, and other IoT industries. Our software is deployed in millions of devices globally. There are commercial and open-source applications of our software. See us on GitHub: https://github.com/packetcraft-inc/stacks. This position is available for immediate full-time employment in San Diego, California.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop, verify, and maintain Bluetooth Low Energy and Bluetooth Low Energy Audio firmware.
- Collaborate with engineering management and other leads to continuously improve the software engineering environment
- Work with our business team and our world-class customers to bring class-leading products to market
- Drive quality and on-time execution within the team· Attend Bluetooth SIG events, monitor standards development, and participate in testing events
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Provide world-class support to our firmware and software licensees.
- Create and review software designs, implementations, unit and integration tests.
- Lead firmware projects, mentor engineers, and drive projects to completion.
Qualification and Skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Expert knowledge of real-time embedded C programming
- Experience as a Bluetooth firmware developer or knowledge and experience developing other non-Bluetooth wireless connectivity protocol development such as WiFi, 802.15.4, Thread, and Zigbee is helpful.
- Understanding of embedded programming for data networking and communication
- Strong analytical and debugging skills· Good understanding of the principles of efficient embedded software design and real-time operating systems
- Ability to work in a disciplined software development environment, developing software from requirements, creating designs, implementations, tests, peer reviews, and documentation
- Solid understanding of the principles of automation and automated testing, collaborating with dedicated test engineers to deliver verified solutions. Python programming experience is desirable
- Ability to read and understand data sheets and schematics· Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG debuggers, and protocol analyzers for troubleshooting and debugging embedded firmware
- Familiarity with makefiles, ARM toolchain, Segger, git, Jira, Confluence, and Python will help you acclimate to our development environment
- Good communication skills, proficient at speaking and writing English
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States