Full Job Description
X-Bow (pronounced "Cross-Bow") is expanding and looking for a Senior Project Manager to add to our growing team.
Directs, coordinates, and oversees all activities related to the execution of a contract. Provides a single point of contact for all program-related inquiries. Facilitates interdepartmental cohesiveness between engineering, certification, and supply chain and coordinates the activities of other companies, vendors or individuals by performing the following duties.
- Provides high-value customers with a direct point of contact for technical and high-value contracts.
- Responsible for comprehending the contract for projects and ensuring compliance.
- Responsible for communicating concise and comprehensive program statuses and priorities to the program team.
- Trains and mentors less experienced Program Managers by reviewing and promoting best practices, helping to develop required skills, and sharing experiences at the Senior level.
- Organizes and facilitates contractual coordination and milestone meetings.
- Ensures that assigned medium- to large-scale projects progress on schedule, within budget, and meet or exceed minimum quality standards.
- Participates in and guides, Change Order processes and activities for assigned projects.
- Keeps the customer and executive management informed of the current status of all significant aspects of each assigned project through program reviews, status reports, meetings, etc.
- Facilitates inter- and intra-department coordination to support project requirements.
- Provides vital planning and leadership which will minimize problems or conflicts and provides leadership in developing team-based solutions to issues as they arise.
- Coordinates with internal departments to ensure that the activities of other companies, vendors, or individuals support project requirements.
- Negotiates assigned items, including revised delivery dates, costs, or other proposal/contract parameters.
- Facilitates a positive relationship with customers.
- Maintains regular attendance, including being at work, being on time to work, and working entire shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering or a related discipline from a four-year college or university and a minimum of ten years of related experience and/or training. Aerospace background and rocket industry experience are required. PMP certification preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) must qualify as a US Person, which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Proven ability to use situational leadership to get desired results.
- Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals across an organization.
- Must possess broad technical and certification knowledge.
- Utilizes a holistic problem-solving approach to situations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make compelling and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management or project teams.
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking principles to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting, Database, and Project Management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
In accordance with the Federal Government Executive Order 14042, being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a contingency for employment with X-Bow Systems. We will consider a request for medical exemption or religious exemption as the law requires.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health (medical ) insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance