P0008A Test Engineer
X-Bow is looking for a Test Engineer to develop and maintain test capabilities for solid rocket motors, and to assist in performing tests.
This position is located in Luling, TX
· Plan, design and build test equipment for solid rocket motors
· Develop and maintain test procedures and work instructions
· Develop test equipment and hardware specifications
· Procure, assemble and check-out test hardware and equipment and verify it is ready for use
· Perform maintenance and facility improvements while ensuring timely support of programs
· Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
· Prepare complete and comprehensive reports
· Understand and interpret regulations and their impact on the Company’s operations
Experience and Skill Requirements
· 3 years of experience is minimum but significant industry experience is desired
· Basic CAD proficiency (not necessarily detailed analysis – ME support is available)
· Basic electrical design capability preferred, e.g. for calibration of sensors etc.
· Experience with fluid systems for rocket motor testing, including for quench.
· Strong project planning, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills are required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Contribute to and operate effectively with multi-disciplinary technical teams for research, development, and manufacturing activities
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering along with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
Must be a US Citizen. May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information; having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced “Crossbow”) is an U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, combined with our space launch and modular boost platforms, make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
As an employee at X-Bow, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a range of diverse activities to apply X-Bow’s unique technologies as well as the flexibility to focus on areas that will further your individual professional interests and career path. In this position, you will serve a critical role in helping us execute advanced technology projects and conduct space launch programs for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other government agencies.
We are looking for a candidate who combines strong communication, organization, and management skills with broad interests and experience in the aerospace industry. As a key member of a small, dynamic, and highly skilled team you will be expected to actively collaborate with others as well as work independently to successfully accomplish assignments and responsibilities. Creativity and methodical problem solving are both required.
Additionally, we are looking for someone energetic, flexible, and adaptable, who is enthusiastic about being an integral part of a highly competent and successful team.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Whatever your intersection of identities you are welcome at X-Bow
We are a Covid-19 Vaccine Mandated Employer
As a Federal Contractor, We Require a Background Check as a Condition of Hire