X-Bow is looking for an Electrical Engineer to help design, manufacture and test solid rocket motors and launch vehicles while working with multiple engineers from various specializations and backgrounds.
• Electrical and electronic design, manufacturing, and testing of rocket motors and launch vehicles
• Perform technical research work and make detailed analyses
• Analyze engineering problems and adopt effective courses of action
• Design and build of electronic/electrical test hardware
• Programming of control and data acquisition systems
• Requirement's development, flow-down, and verification
• Development of ground support equipment
• Manufacturing and logistics hardware
• Maintaining design records, models, trade studies, and rationale
• Contribute to design, test, and manufacturing reviews
• Understand and interpret regulations and their impact on the Company’s operations
As an employee at X-Bow, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a range of diverse activities to apply X-Bow’s unique technologies as well as the flexibility to focus on areas that will further your individual professional interests and career path. In this position, you will serve a critical role in helping us execute advanced technology projects and conduct space launch programs for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other government agencies.
We are looking for a candidate who combines strong communication, organization, and management skills with broad interests and experience in the aerospace industry. As a key member of a small, dynamic, and highly skilled team you will be expected to actively collaborate with others as well as work independently to successfully accomplish assignments and responsibilities. Creativity and methodical problem solving are both required.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• 3+ years of experience is preferred. X-Bow will consider motivated students and recent graduates.
• Strong project planning, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills are required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Contribute to and operate effectively with multi-disciplinary technical teams for research, development, and manufacturing activities
• Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
• Prepare complete and comprehensive reports
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
EducationThis position requires a Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Control Engineering and a minimum of two (3) years of directly related technical experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). An Advanced degree is desirable.
Must be a US Citizen. May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information; having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
We are a Covid-19 Vaccine Mandated Employer
Additionally, we are looking for someone energetic, flexible, and adaptable, who is enthusiastic about being an integral part of a highly competent and successful team.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Whatever your intersections of identities, you are welcome at X-Bow!