· Develop, adapt and implement the systems, processes and procedures for logistics, material handling, receiving, and tracking for a start-up launch systems company
· Direct production and inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage
· Maintain and ensure accuracy of the inventory system including managing warehouse, receiving of inbound material, and tracking and tagging materials
· Manage and monitor storage of purchased parts, sub-assemblies and finished goods
· Implement quality control to ensure supplies and materials are purchased according to specifications via receiving inspections, document retention and traceability
· Identify and address supply chain risks and opportunities, fostering strong relationships with key suppliers
· Establish procedures for conducting and valuing physical inventory
· Develop processes, implement and manage outbound logistics to include Packaging/Marking, and shipment of hazardous/energetic materials
· Segregate material and tooling based on procurement contract and Government Property rules as applicable including proper storage, use and disposition of government or customer owned property
· Implement approved FAR government property system as applicable
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· 5 years of directly leading materials management and procurement department for manufacturing or production site
· BA or BS in Business Administration or relevant degree
· Outstanding organizational skills to plan, direct, manage, and oversee the activities and operations including inventory control and purchasing, database development and contract administration
· Supply chain and inventory management systems required
· Knowledge of hazardous material shipping regulations and processes
· Defense industry or background a plus
· Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and materials management system(s)
Must be a US Citizen. May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information; having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
We are a Covid-19 Vaccine Mandated Employer
Additionally, we are looking for someone energetic, flexible, and adaptable, who is enthusiastic about being an integral part of a highly competent and successful team.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at X-Bow!
This position will be based in Albuquerque and Socorro New Mexico (travel between both locations will be expected)