The Senior Accountant will support a broad range of corporate accounting activities and must have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership to take charge of key duties that will drive the success of Finance and the company. To succeed, this person will need a strong accounting background with a mind for problem solving and process improvement and must be comfortable working within a changing environment. This position will report to the Controller and support the Finance Manager. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to expand the role into a range of additional responsibilities and to be an essential part of a fast-growing SAAS company.
- Responsible for month-end close processes, creating journal entries and preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Support the creation and review of company’s financial package and reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparing and compiling the necessary financial information and reports for outside auditors.
- Perform accounts payable functions and assist in managing related records.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and lead initiatives to recommend and implement changes.
- Work and maintain relationships with external consultants.
- Work across internal departments to maintain credibility, trust, and support of employees and other stakeholders.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and reporting.
- Perform additional duties as requested by manager.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Accounting required.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting and US GAAP.
- Has owned month-end close and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Must show ability to manage multiple tasks and delivery dates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
Nice to Have
- CPA is a plus.
- SAAS and/or Life Science experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with QuickBooks and/or SAP is preferred.
- Currency FX application is preferred.
- International accounting experience is a plus.
About the Company
Labviva is on a mission to accelerate the pace of life science research. We connect researchers with suppliers of reagents, chemicals and instrumentation in an intuitive user-friendly platform that supports the priorities of scientists while staying compliant with purchasing rules.
We are a venture-funded start-up that acknowledges that the unique contributions of each team member drive our success. We commit to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace where people can make a positive impact. At Labviva, we invest in our employees and strongly believe that a culture of respect and support drives success for all involved.
We provide a competitive set of benefits including but not limited to a hybrid – office/remote work option, health benefits, flexible time off, parental leave, competitive salary and equity, and Thursday company lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Labviva, we celebrate all. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform the life sciences industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics as outlined by federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.